James Jennings

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

I-Love-CTFC
A transfer embargo is set to stop James Jennings extending his loan at Morecambe. Let's hope someone takes him off our hands.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/tr ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Play him at Colchester.
CTFCfan99
I think we should give him a chance, if only to give Cranston the rest that he needs at the moment. Seen a few posts calling him a terrible signing which I think is a bit harsh given he only played a few games.
Horteng
I didn't rate him one bit in the few games he played for us but wouldn't mind having him back as an option if that's the way it got to be i.e no one wants to take him

Our defence hasn't exactly excelled this far!
Benctfc
TBH he woulnt be any worse than Cranston has recently. Cranston has been disappointing as he actually began the season well but has completely tailed off.
confused.com
He does indeed seem to have lost all sense of positional play or where his man is. Other problem is he couldn't tackle a fish supper
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:He does indeed seem to have lost all sense of positional play or where his man is. Other problem is he couldn't tackle a fish supper
You obviously did not see tonight's match.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:He does indeed seem to have lost all sense of positional play or where his man is. Other problem is he couldn't tackle a fish supper
Indeed not, the piste held more allure, however have seen his efforts in all other home matches. One swallow....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Indeed not, the piste held more allure, however have seen his efforts in all other home matches. One swallow....
Been nothing to complain about (compared to other players on the pitch) in the half dozen games I have seen. Not a priority to replace imo as is rarely the worst defender. Telling also that last night he clearly benefited from being able to concentrate on his own game rather than having to keep half an eye on mopping up after poor play from Parslow/Downes.

The back four which finished the match look solid defensively and good going forward and I would like to see them start the first game of 2017, unless any of the new players are good enough to go straight into the side.
Artemis
Yup, the back four of Barts, Dickie, OShock and Cranston looked the most solid I've seen us for a while.
longmover
CTFCfan99 wrote:I think we should give him a chance, if only to give Cranston the rest that he needs at the moment. Seen a few posts calling him a terrible signing which I think is a bit harsh given he only played a few games.
I agree, (he did score for us) he just doesn't get forward which I presume is not part of his game. I don't we've seen enough of him to pass comment.
confused.com
Sorry RCS, I don't know how often I have sat in the I2P and watch JC get skinned, the ball played behind him to his man unmarked or a loose clearance header and a hoof up an empty channel. He started the season well, but in my eyes he. Has regressed. Glad to hear he had a good few minutes on friday night. But if we got another option I would definitely rest JC
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Sorry RCS, I don't know how often I have sat in the I2P and watch JC get skinned, the ball played behind him to his man unmarked or a loose clearance header and a hoof up an empty channel. He started the season well, but in my eyes he. Has regressed. Glad to hear he had a good few minutes on friday night. But if we got another option I would definitely rest JC
Yes, valid opinions - we have attended matches each where the other hasn't it seems. Suggests he is inconsistent.
Si Robin
I don't think he's half as bad as made out (I also sit in the I2P). I don't think he's as good as George was last season, but I think left-backs tend to be judged more harshly at CTFC. Is that because Jamie Victory was so good, I can't be certain, but we've had no-one nearly as good as him since, and as he was such a staple of the club for so long I think we were spoilt.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I don't think he's half as bad as made out (I also sit in the I2P). I don't think he's as good as George was last season, but I think left-backs tend to be judged more harshly at CTFC. Is that because Jamie Victory was so good, I can't be certain, but we've had no-one nearly as good as him since, and as he was such a staple of the club for so long I think we were spoilt.
Good point. I agree. JC does seem to attract more criticism compared to other players who are worse.
Shade
I genuinely believe JC is just poor. Not compared to anyone else. He's not the worst we've had but he just is regularly the worst performer in my eyes. He was decent on Friday night but, like with our back four that finished the game looking strong, how much of that was down to them having to do less defending due to the game situation.
Robin
Cranston started the season well so the ability is there, it's just whether he can do it consistently and improve further. For me at least I'd keep him and add another left back as competition then we can at least take him out when he's off form.
horlickfanclub
He is playing to the peak of his form ,which is not good enough.
paperboy
Robin wrote:Cranston started the season well so the ability is there, it's just whether he can do it consistently and improve further. For me at least I'd keep him and add another left back as competition then we can at least take him out when he's off form.
He's a good footballer but doesn't have the necessary pace.
Robin
He doesn't seem slow to me, but I'm not convinced he's strong enough in the tackle for league two.