B A R T S

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
What has he done? Has he crashed GJ's car or something?

He made the difference against wycombe, he would have made the difference today. GJ's stance on Bart's is getting beyond ridiculous we have limited funds and need all the help we can get, playing your best players helps.

I'm not a football manager but its coming quite obvious to see that Bart's makes things happen.
Last edited by longmover on 02 Jan 2017, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
I-Love-CTFC
He clearly can't do anything right in GJ's eyes. He made a real impact when he came on against Wycombe everyone could see that. Dickie is a centre back now a right wing back. We can all see that, why can't GJ?
longmover
It's starting to look embarrassing for GJ as its pretty obvious to the paying public who travel away and attend WR.
horlickfanclub
He often gets the time right after an hour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I wonder if he had headed in the open goal v Wycombe if GJ would have played him today?

Some of us has said since GJ took charge in 2015 that when you fall out with GJ you find your chances limited - even if you are top scorer (eg Paddy Madden). It is the way he is and we knew that from day one. We took the smooth - should we accept the rough?
longmover
I take your point but 'his' style of management isn't working.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:I take your point but 'his' style of management isn't working.
We will be able to judge that later in the season when are likely finishing position range will be more clear.

I predict we will finish 17th. If we do, then does it matter whether we were 23rd or 11th in January?
Del Boy
Can you let us all know when it's ok to question whether to manager is doing any good?? Maybe when we're a dozen points from safety with four games to play??

His management is not working. That's why we've lost six of the last seven games. That's why this is possibly the worst team we've had since joining the league. That's why we're in deep, deep trouble. And his answer has been to bring in more unproven loans to replace the last dismal loans.
andgarod
as I have said all season did the board back GJ will it back him now or is the £1m parachute to big to resist
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Del Boy wrote:Can you let us all know when it's ok to question whether to manager is doing any good?? Maybe when we're a dozen points from safety with four games to play??

His management is not working. That's why we've lost six of the last seven games. That's why this is possibly the worst team we've had since joining the league. That's why we're in deep, deep trouble. And his answer has been to bring in more unproven loans to replace the last dismal loans.
I said later in the season when our likely finishing position range is more clear. Twelve behind with four to play would obviously be much later than that. If we are more than two points adrift with ten to go I will be worried. Though I imagine we'll be closer to 17th and near enough by that stage.
COYB
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I wonder if he had headed in the open goal v Wycombe if GJ would have played him today?

Some of us has said since GJ took charge in 2015 that when you fall out with GJ you find your chances limited - even if you are top scorer (eg Paddy Madden). It is the way he is and we knew that from day one. We took the smooth - should we accept the rough?
I would hope someone of GJ's experience and maturity could see beyond any personal difference of opinion with Barts. Yes GJ is the boss but equally, Barts is a player I would definitely keep and play more. He missed a sitter of course against Wycombe but that's one moment, it shouldn't decide his fate.
Hubert Parry
Has it occurred to anyone that there might be a good reason for Barthram's omission? Perhaps he is not fit enough to play the full 90 minutes. It would be a good question for the press to ask.
tunnelvision
Hubert Parry wrote:Has it occurred to anyone that there might be a good reason for Barthram's omission? Perhaps he is not fit enough to play the full 90 minutes. It would be a good question for the press to ask.
He may not last 90 mins, but that's probably because he gives his all and runs out of steam. I'd rather that than someone that coasts along during games!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Post match, GJ said there are 3-4 not fit enough but who could play a part, and 2-3 not good enough. I imagine Barts is in the first group.
Robin
In my eyes the ones not good enough (and by that I mean consistently good enough) are Downes, Parslow, AMS and Wright, so clearly GJ rates some of them that I am not confident in.
DingDing
I expect Parslow to be one of the ones departing if we lose a centre half.

He wasn't a target for Johnson last season if I remember rightly, he asked to come in on trial and managed to impress enough (or maybe we couldn't find anyone better before the season began).

Downes on the other hand must be reasonably thought of by Johnson to be one of his first signings and his captain, at least as a squad player.
horlickfanclub
It was Downes in the stand yesterday Ding. He is not on a long term contract so easier to offload but if Dickie goes we need to find another centre half/fullback who is not a square peg.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Post match, GJ said there are 3-4 not fit enough but who could play a part, and 2-3 not good enough. I imagine Barts is in the first group.
You have got me wondering now, whose job it is to get them fit .........
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Post match, GJ said there are 3-4 not fit enough but who could play a part, and 2-3 not good enough. I imagine Barts is in the first group.
One can take a horse to water.
Horteng
Why can't Young'y get the answers on JB?

Time to quit the nonsense questions James and get the answers the fans want!
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:
One can take a horse to water.
if that is the case, terminate and move him on. Have to say, any time I watch him play, he seems to cover as much ground as anyone else. If he can not last 90 it could be because of the effort he puts in, or that he seldom gets to start a game. surely it can not be a coincidence that the performance tends to pick up, once he comes on ???