Team for tomorrow

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Appreciating it's a much maligned competition but given £20,000 could mean a player coming in for the remainder of the season or a proven player versus a youngster I would say we need to field our strongest team which is what?

For me I'd go with 5-3-2:
Brown (GK)
Barts (RB)
Manny (CB)
Downes (CB)
O'Shoggers (CB)
Cranston (LB)
Storer (CM)
Pell (CM)
Munns (CM)
Diego (ST)
Waters (ST)

Subs:
Kitscha
Boyle
Parslow
Dayton
Wright
AMS

I don't expect GJ to pick this formation but it's probably our strongest eleven from what we have available right now with Holman injured. Equally Danny Wright did well and could replace Diego upfront and Boyle could come in but Shoggers has been good the last two and dropping him seems harsh.
Johnsons Red Army
Brown can't play:

The 31 year-old is cup tied for our Checkatrade Trophy game against Leicester tomorrow, but could make his second debut for the club against Accrington on Saturday.

Read more at http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... kUKPkil.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
OK then Kitscha in goal.
Shade
And Booky on the bench...

An attacking combination of Dayton, Munns, De Girolamo, Waters would probably be the shortest front 4 in football league history. With one of the lankiest players in the FL in Pell just behind them.
Robin
Surely we will have the young lad on the bench Rhys Lovett?
Shade
Robin wrote:Surely we will have the young lad on the bench Rhys Lovett?
Is he with us at the moment? Thought he was off on loan somewhere?
I-Love-CTFC
Shade wrote:
Robin wrote:Surely we will have the young lad on the bench Rhys Lovett?
Is he with us at the moment? Thought he was off on loan somewhere?
He's on loan at Shortwood.
Robin
Well he was out training with the team in the warm up recently so I assume he can also sit on the bench for us if they are not playing.
Shade
Yeah I think he trains with us most of the time because Shortwood are obviously only part-time, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't play for us unless we ended the loan with 24 hours notice. I guess we could do that if they're not playing and then loan him straight back after the game, if it was necessary. TBH, it's only the Checktrade so, if we need another keeper, we might as well just stick Pell in there.
horlickfanclub
Robin has invented a wingless, headerless system of play called the" blinkers" formation . Wright and /or Amari must play against Leicester.You will not beat top academy side unless you use some muscle.
Robin
Actually Horlick it's the same formation we won the league with last season and played most of our games this season with after August. I do agree that muscle is the way forward but that means dropping either Waters or Diego. You will also note I said Diego and Holman will start at Colchester and they did, unfortunately Wright is now third choice striker whether you like it or not.
Another_FoD_Robin
Oh dear what have you started Horlick?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Go on Horlick son!
plymrob
Please explain a second debut...?
paperboy
......going off topic again, what our crowd figure expectations this evening?

I know this Trophy has had bad press,but given we are playing the reigning Premier League champions,albeit their U-23s,
but led we imagine tonight by Claudio Ranieri ,£5 & £3 seems a bargain to me so I'm hopeful of a sizeable crowd.

1500 maybe?
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Robin has invented a wingless, headerless system of play called the" blinkers" formation . Wright and /or Amari must play against Leicester.You will not beat top academy side unless you use some muscle.
I hope Leicester City have got P.P.I.(Pointless Passing-Intent)which seems to be the practice for all English academy sides these days
e.g.Liverpool v Plymouth and in the 1st.half Leeds Utd.v Cambridge Utd.
horlickfanclub
Yes Robin. Same formation but different personnel in your team and where did we get in the last game with Diego Holman and Walters? As for your comment about not liking Danny Wright being third choice? No I don't like it while we have no other target man but he could be 333rd choice for all I care as long as we have better and are not 23rd in League 2.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Yes Robin. Same formation but different personnel in your team and where did we get in the last game with Diego Holman and Walters? As for your comment about not liking Danny Wright being third choice? No I don't like it while we have no other target man but he could be 333rd choice for all I care as long as we have better and are not 23rd in League 2.
333 players in a season would be immense; around 7.25 new players in the squad every game!
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:333 players in a season would be immense; around 7.25 new players in the squad every game!
I've told you before: we do not want Martin Allen back.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:333 players in a season would be immense; around 7.25 new players in the squad every game!
I've told you before: we do not want Martin Allen back.
But Monty would provide much needed fertiliser for the dying pitch!
Shade
Is Monty still kicking?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Is Monty still kicking?
Kicking and lifting his legs as always.
seat_L93
They can't be expecting too many with only main and paddock open for home fans. What's that capacity?

Trouble with the main stand is I don't fit in the seats! My legs are too long, so apologies in advance for the person who sits in front of me and gets my knees around their ears!! :oops:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
seat_L93 wrote:They can't be expecting too many with only main and paddock open for home fans. What's that capacity?

Trouble with the main stand is I don't fit in the seats! My legs are too long, so apologies in advance for the person who sits in front of me and gets my knees around their ears!! :oops:
Sneak up to the yellow hospitality seats all along the back as they have about double the legroom. I doubt the boxes will have many customers so the seats will be empty, barring the odd scout or two as scouts always sit there even when a box is in use in my experience.