Vialli De Girolamo?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

James from the Echo
Last night's hat-trick hero very nearly had a different name.

And he was eventually named after one of the best players ever.

http://bit.ly/MaradonaVialli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If he can be half the player, and leave out the handballs and other (ahem) misdemeanours he might have a future.
Shade
Named after a dirty druggy cheat, you mean.
confused.com
I nearly had another name too. But my parents changed their minds at the last minute. How come the Echo has not done an oh so interesting story around that?!?!
asl
confused.com wrote:I nearly had another name too. But my parents changed their minds at the last minute. How come the Echo has not done an oh so interesting story around that?!?!
Calling you moneysuper.com would have been frankly ridiculous.
confused.com
asl wrote:
confused.com wrote:I nearly had another name too. But my parents changed their minds at the last minute. How come the Echo has not done an oh so interesting story around that?!?!
Calling you moneysuper.com would have been frankly ridiculous.
Oh I don't know, has a certain ring to it
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
James from the Echo wrote:Last night's hat-trick hero very nearly had a different name.

And he was eventually named after one of the best players ever.

http://bit.ly/MaradonaVialli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If he can be half the player, and leave out the handballs and other (ahem) misdemeanours he might have a future.
Beaten to it by the official CTFC YouTube page, where this was mentioned.

Not sure why this thread wasn't merged with the CTFCOfficial one. Either the Echo posts get special treatment even if duplicates/spam, or have the rules changed about allowing multiple threads on the exact same topic now?