Cheltenham Town v Accrington Stanley

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vickeryc
In the end, that was a very satisfactory performance and result, especially considering the wholesale changes. Winchester looked to be in a different class and seemed to have so much time and good control. Pike also had a very competent debut, while both de Girolamo and Boyle had decent games. Scottie and Manny were the two disappointments of the new boys today, but with a little more settling-in I'm confident they'll raise their game. Others who particularly impressed today were Rowe, O'Shaughnessy and Waters.

Having looked at the highlights, I am less convinced than I originally was that the sending-off was harsh. It was a cynical and dangerous challenge and Billy was lucky not to be badly injured. The ref was also spot-on in awarding the free kick for the pass-back - calamitous defending. Accie can have no complaints.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agreed, high and out of control. Automatic red.
horlickfanclub
I was impressed by all the new boys today. Wright led the line superbly and created space for others but should have had a hat trick.Good to see him getting chances though and he was too good for Accrington. Full credit to Cranston who played really well. He benefited from getting the ball earlier and in good positions thans to Winchester. The three centre backs defended well together and never looked stretched. Good effort by all. There were a few blips but who cares.We won .
asl
Hee! Billy won't get too many goals with his head during his career - particularly when guarded by a defender and a goalkeeper!
Si Robin
I watched Billy's ghost in to the middle and thought to myself, with the right cross he's scoring. Billy's movement into the box was immense for that goal.
confused.com
would have given SB 5 max
Diego - agree, he doesn't appear to look along the line to see if he is onside