"The referee was our best player"

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
...allegedly said by one of our players to John Coleman.
Nham68
Just seen highlights .. from the in2print, in real time, thought sending off was harsh...
On the video, player is making dangerous tackle and out of control, one foot or more up, so I can see why ref gave it....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well, if the ref did give us 3 points today, make that about 15 points to 6 in the opposition's/FL's favour.

Plymouth and Luton next, so we'll no doubt be up against twelve men in those two like a lot of our games.
Reliant Robin
Two footed 'scissor' action, Brown had no intention of going for the ball, but deliberately took out Billy Waters using excessive force. The Ref was correct.

It will be interesting to see whether Accrington appeal the sending off, if they do, then I feel sure they will lose it.
Jerry St Clair
Reliant Robin wrote:Two footed 'scissor' action, Brown had no intention of going for the ball, but deliberately took out Billy Waters using excessive force. The Ref was correct.

It will be interesting to see whether Accrington appeal the sending off, if they do, then I feel sure they will lose it.
Yes. I was looking directly down the touch line from the PRE and when it happened I thought "He might get booked here". Was flabbergasted when he was sent off. Having seen the TV pictures it looks much worse and was probably a justifiable red.

Just shows, it's all about angles. Hats off to the ref. He got the big calls right.
bigdavejambo
clear red card
longmover
I cant believe the Accrington bench where shocked he was sent off and also the accrington players appealing the pass back, laughable :lol:
asl
The back-pass was totally clear-cut. No idea what they were appealing about, there. Even the Scummers didn't complain too much about the penalty against Pogba, today - just as clear. I can't judge the red card on the one camera angle but it's notable that none of the Accy bench so much as flinched when the incident happened right in front of them.
Shade
I also thought it was a BIT harsh at the time, but looking back he was never getting the ball and just took Billy out at pace. Billy was lucky not to get injured in one way or another and kudos to him for getting straight back up.
Si Robin
I personally thought it was no worse than a yellow at the time, and on seeing replays, I still think it was no worse than a yellow.

I see Accy have appealed it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:I cant believe the Accrington bench where shocked he was sent off and also the accrington players appealing the pass back, laughable :lol:
Lancashire mugs who know they are non-league bound. A nasty club and this proves it.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:I personally thought it was no worse than a yellow at the time, and on seeing replays, I still think it was no worse than a yellow.

I see Accy have appealed it.
I would be willing to bet he won't win the appeal as it will be deemed a reckless, out-of-control challenge that could have caused injury.
asl
Also, there has to be 'compelling evidence' that the ref made a mistake, doesn't there? And from the one camera angle available at WR, I don't see they can come to any conclusions one way or the other so surely the decision should stand? Unless someone was filming it on their iPhone on the Accy bench, of course...
Jon Palmer
Scott Brown's view here: http://bit.ly/BrownAppeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gary wants him to get an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal and waste of FA time :lol: :lol:
confused.com
asl wrote:Also, there has to be 'compelling evidence' that the ref made a mistake, doesn't there? And from the one camera angle available at WR, I don't see they can come to any conclusions one way or the other so surely the decision should stand? Unless someone was filming it on their iPhone on the Accy bench, of course...
If so they should be charged and banne banned football for infinging copyright lol
joes dad
Jon Palmer wrote:Scott Brown's view here: http://bit.ly/BrownAppeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Confirmed Appeal unsuccessful
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:Scott Brown's view here: http://bit.ly/BrownAppeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Confirmed Appeal unsuccessful
No surprise.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Well, if the ref did give us 3 points today, make that about 15 points to 6 in the opposition's/FL's favour.

Plymouth and Luton next, so we'll no doubt be up against twelve men in those two like a lot of our games.
As predicted by yours truly above: another bent ref today.

FA/FL making their biased agenda too obvious.