Cheltenham Town Ladies

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Are in good form and play at home to Shanklin Ladies on Sunday, 1.15pm kick-off at Petersfield Park:

http://bit.ly/CTLadiesFORM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cracking stuff.
Artemis
That's some trip for a Saturday lunch time kick-off.
Coops
Artemis wrote:That's some trip for a Saturday lunch time kick-off.
Sunday lunch time kick-off, Artemis.
Malabus
So I take it Sunday lunch will be late for a few on that day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:So I take it Sunday lunch will be late for a few on that day.
Fans going to the game could have an early lunch.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Wasn't referring to the fans.

Women should be making onion gravy at lunchtime on a Sunday and NOT trying to play the beautiful game on a soccer field.

;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Disgraceful comment: Sharia Mal speaks again.
Jon Palmer
Excellent result, report here: http://bit.ly/SallehHatTrick" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theidlerich
Malabus wrote:
Wasn't referring to the fans.

Women should be making onion gravy at lunchtime on a Sunday and NOT trying to play the beautiful game on a soccer field.

;)
.......obviously voted for Trump, Brexit and that idiot Farage...... dumb!
confused.com
Just have to love that the staunch supporters of democracy and what is right, only adhere to the democratic principles when the vote goes the way they want ........... dumb
joes dad
confused.com wrote:Just have to love that the staunch supporters of democracy and what is right, only adhere to the democratic principles when the vote goes the way they want ........... dumb
or Dumber...
Spot on Confused

We will keep voting until we get the result we want....
Unbelivable
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Just have to love that the staunch supporters of democracy and what is right, only adhere to the democratic principles when the vote goes the way they want ........... dumb
Democracy can only function when everyone is given the same level of access to accurate information on which to make the best informed decision. Given that the White House Communications team is now offering 'alternative facts' (period) we are some way from democracy in the USA.

And I don't think democracy is a justification for illegality and inhumanity. If we elected a PM with a third of the vote (about a fifth of the population at most) who thought that discriminating against and subjugating anyone who supported a football team with the nickname 'Robins' would you think that was fair democracy, or would you question the morality and ethics of being treated like a second class citizen by the government?
confused.com
Nobody is being asked to make a democratic decision based on what is now happening in press briefings. The democratic process in the USA is now out of the hands of the electorate until the next election,
Well aware of what it feels like to be treated differenyly to the majority
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Nobody is being asked to make a democratic decision based on what is now happening in press briefings. The democratic process in the USA is now out of the hands of the electorate until the next election,
My press briefings comment was the 'pinnacle' of the campaign. The US campaign, and Brexit campaign (both sides of the campaign on both sides of the pond) were full of things that were simply not true.

For democracy to work properly, the arguments being presented to vote for or against have to be true and factual - otherwise the votes are meaningless.
joes dad
confused.com wrote:Nobody is being asked to make a democratic decision based on what is now happening in press briefings. The democratic process in the USA is now out of the hands of the electorate until the next election,
My press briefings comment was the 'pinnacle' of the campaign. The US campaign, and Brexit campaign (both sides of the campaign on both sides of the pond) were full of things that were simply not true.

For democracy to work properly, the arguments being presented to vote for or against have to be true and factual - otherwise the votes are meaningless.
So what do you suggest.... The voter will make up his/her own mind in what to believe,and vote accordingly,then most importantly
RESPECT the result,thats democracy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:

So what do you suggest.... The voter will make up his/her own mind in what to believe,and vote accordingly,then most importantly
RESPECT the result,thats democracy.
I suggest that only factual information is provided during campaigns.

I respect the results. Does not mean I have to respect the views of either the winners or losers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any way, quite how a simple post to call Mal out on his latest misogynistic comment led to a debate on democracy I never know.

Getting back in topic, great to see the women's team keep improving. Be nice to get a promotion. One day when Football League sides have artificial pitches the women's and men's team could use the same stadium which would only help them improve more.

Could even have some double headers like the England national sides have had.
joes dad
Sorry RCS,respect the result, was in general not you in particular...
and blame theidlerich for off topic