January Window

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
is there still time for GJ to sign a goalkeeper?

Just seen the highlights - Brown hasnt improved on handling crosses
Robin
Harsh but fair you can see why Wycombe don't fancy him but I'm still happy to have him back despite two shakey games.
confused.com
Robin wrote:Harsh but fair you can see why Wycombe don't fancy him but I'm still happy to have him back despite two shakey games.
Think you are being a tad loyal there Robin. We haven't missed Scotty for a reason. That reason being he is weak in important aspects o his game. Should not have gon back
paperboy
....Based on their last two performances Callum Kitscha should be seriously considered for the next match.
Nesty
Robin wrote:Harsh but fair you can see why Wycombe don't fancy him but I'm still happy to have him back despite two shakey games.
two out of two though, I doubt if Shane Higgs had two shaky games a season, Brown is and was always a shot stopper but not an all round keeper. a mistake to have him back, should have gone for a Phillips/Flatt/Griffiths
THECHOIRBOY
I think some people remember people too fondly. Whilst Higgsy was a great keeper and had a couple of outstanding seasons, he was also found rooted to his line or flapping at crosses.

When you are winning matches, you notice less and when you are losing you notice more. It is a trait of most League 2 keepers I am afraid. Great shot stoppers but will be lacking in other areas. If he was a solid 8/10 in all key areas, he would not be in league 2.
itsallbollox
Think Callum deserves a chance now, Scotty not to hotty atm. Thought he was poor on Saturday with his decision making.
Sprout Picker
THECHOIRBOY wrote:I think some people remember people too fondly. Whilst Higgsy was a great keeper and had a couple of outstanding seasons, he was also found rooted to his line or flapping at crosses.

When you are winning matches, you notice less and when you are losing you notice more. It is a trait of most League 2 keepers I am afraid. Great shot stoppers but will be lacking in other areas. If he was a solid 8/10 in all key areas, he would not be in league 2.
Higgs was never one for commanding his area but I don't recall him having any problems holding crosses. Definitely better than your average L2 keeper.
Rulistening
Didn't have the best game of his life but I still don't think he was the worst on the weekend. Its weird because I thought Manny played poor (awful distrubution being the main takeaway from that) yet some thought he was MOTM for cheltenham. It's a weird game how we can all see it differently. Scotty never was the best from corners and its a shame to see that area hasn't improved but he made a fantastic save i thought when the Plymouth player was running clean through (not sure what minute). If anyone needs to be brought in in this window I'll take a LB please! No doubt cranston will be back in the starting 11 making mistakes shortly despite the team working well on saturday
andgarod
Didnt matter that Cranston didnt play he still got criticised
Anyway we know who the next scapegoat is
everyman
andgarod wrote:Didnt matter that Cranston didnt play he still got criticised
Browned off !!!
confused.com
andgarod wrote:Didnt matter that Cranston didnt play he still got criticised
Wher did that happen? Must have missed that post.
Not too many days left, to get our last man in before the window shuts