Referee played huge part in Plymouth's win

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Finners' view here: http://bit.ly/RefPlymouth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We all knew it would be 11 vs 12 on Saturday, so nothing new.
Artemis
I get all that, but we let in two goals. Moreover, the same player - a defender - has scored all three of their goals against us this season. And from headers. So we didn't exactly do ourselves any favours, did we?

Still, we played well. Keep that going and we will be just fine.
Reliant Robin
Need to look carefully at how that Plymouth centre half got into goal scoring positions in both of those games, why he wasn't picked up on his way into our goalmouth, and use it as a learning exercise because it's clear that Plymouth saw the weakness in CTFCs defending, and used it as a tactic to grab a goal - and it worked 3 times.
Alf
Question about the Plymouth highlights on Robins Player. Who is responsible for editing? I assume it is the EFL but not sure. I would be interested to know why the blatant hand ball in the penalty area does not appear to be on the highlights.it is one of those incidents that if it had happened in the Premier League in a top game, we would never have heard the end of it.
Nesty
Finners was moaning about the ref in his column, and GJ was livid about the handball incident - but we have come to expect c!#p decisions
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Question about the Plymouth highlights on Robins Player. Who is responsible for editing? I assume it is the EFL but not sure. I would be interested to know why the blatant hand ball in the penalty area does not appear to be on the highlights.it is one of those incidents that if it had happened in the Premier League in a top game, we would never have heard the end of it.
EFL/FA instructions. The handball never happened. Just like the 'laughing ref' vs Donny in the Cup.
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Alf wrote:Question about the Plymouth highlights on Robins Player. Who is responsible for editing? I assume it is the EFL but not sure. I would be interested to know why the blatant hand ball in the penalty area does not appear to be on the highlights.it is one of those incidents that if it had happened in the Premier League in a top game, we would never have heard the end of it.
EFL/FA instructions. The handball never happened. Just like the 'laughing ref' vs Donny in the Cup.
It does make you wonder. One of the critical talking points of the game and they don't show it. Are they covering up a poor refereeing decision? I thought football nowadays was all about 'talking points' and the EFL decide that it's not worth covering. L.O.B.