AWAY SUPPORTERS TRAVEL AND TICKETS

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
I think the ticket situation for Luton has been a fiasco. Apparently there were tickets available but we sent them back to Luton....why? Now supporters aren't sure if they will be able to buy tickets when they arrive.
The Travel Club are concerned that with the club taking over arrangements, prices will rise for the membership. We are now informed we have to order by phone and pay extra, no travel tickets on the day.
I think we need some firm arrangements in place for the new season and perhaps a meeting with the management may be advisable.
We are a loyal group who pay a considerable amount of money during the season to support the lads. I am sure GJ would be disappointed if our numbers diminished and he didn't have his band of members at away matches.
Come back Jim all is forgiven !!!!
everyman
Ladyrobin wrote:I think the ticket situation for Luton has been a fiasco. Apparently there were tickets available but we sent them back to Luton....why? Now supporters aren't sure if they will be able to buy tickets when they arrive.
The Travel Club are concerned that with the club taking over arrangements, prices will rise for the membership. We are now informed we have to order by phone and pay extra, no travel tickets on the day.
I think we need some firm arrangements in place for the new season and perhaps a meeting with the management may be advisable.
We are a loyal group who pay a considerable amount of money during the season to support the lads. I am sure GJ would be disappointed if our numbers diminished and he didn't have his band of members at away matches.
Come back Jim all is forgiven !!!!
Agree the fans are treated shabbily by the club,the Trust should be more forceful and make a few demands rather than just hand over our funds as though it is a privilege to do so.
Ralph
So why have the club taken control?
leohoenig
The club did not "take control" - I have heard nothing to suggest anything other than Jim decided he did not want to do it anymore. Considering I drive Jim home from a large proportion of home games, I think I may have heard if he had been pushed out.

Every single donation of funds to the club from the trust is debated by the board. If anyone wants to join the board and get involved in this, then there are vacancies. With a board member now in place, we now often discuss potential calls on trust money before the club board asks.

We have been unusual in that our travel club has ran as an independent operation. Most other clubs in the league run the away travel from the club offices. While the club has remained independent, travel tickets have been sold from the ticket office.
PaulGodfrey
I can hopefully answer most of the points raised in this thread

We don't really understand Luton's decision to make the game all ticket for the surely less than 200 Cheltenham supporters who will travel but people can order tickets direct from them over the phone.

The club was never intending to take over the Travel Club but Jim, who had done it for more years than I can remember, wanted to stand down.

Coach ticket prices have not been increased and there are no plans to do so.

When Jim was organising the Travel Club there was no facility to book over the phone. This has now been introduced but there is a booking fee as there is with distance purchase of match tickets. Supporters can still book at the ticket office in person for no extra charge.

The option to reserve a seat and pay on the day has been removed as it was not working. Earlier in the season there were some fully booked coaches with people who wanted to travel turned away. Unfortunately people who had reserved seats with the option to pay on the day failed to turn up meaning that supporters who wanted to travel had been turned away yet the coach left with empty seats. We are aiming to put coaches on sale a bit earlier in future so that people have plenty of time to decide if they want to travel and make their bookings.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding the Travel Club then please feel free to email Luke in the ticket office at tickets@ctfc.com
everyman
PaulGodfrey wrote:I can hopefully answer most of the points raised in this thread

We don't really understand Luton's decision to make the game all ticket for the surely less than 200 Cheltenham supporters who will travel but people can order tickets direct from them over the phone.

The club was never intending to take over the Travel Club but Jim, who had done it for more years than I can remember, wanted to stand down.

Coach ticket prices have not been increased and there are no plans to do so.

When Jim was organising the Travel Club there was no facility to book over the phone. This has now been introduced but there is a booking fee as there is with distance purchase of match tickets. Supporters can still book at the ticket office in person for no extra charge.

The option to reserve a seat and pay on the day has been removed as it was not working. Earlier in the season there were some fully booked coaches with people who wanted to travel turned away. Unfortunately people who had reserved seats with the option to pay on the day failed to turn up meaning that supporters who wanted to travel had been turned away yet the coach left with empty seats. We are aiming to put coaches on sale a bit earlier in future so that people have plenty of time to decide if they want to travel and make their bookings.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding the Travel Club then please feel free to email Luke in the ticket office at tickets@ctfc.com
Prompt response from Paul Godfrey as usual,someone who does his job in the club with a passion.