Interview

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Round Robin
I 'me just listened to Gary's interview and he seems very downbeat . This is the first time I've heard that sense of despondency. He said the players had a frank discussion and they all admitted that they are not performing . Ok let's move on to Saturday and turn it around .

I wrote yesterday ' the fat lady ' . I wish some people would realise that just because you are not happy with what's going on , it's not being negative , it's just worried comments . We all have different opinions but we all want the same goal which is to stay up . Whether you're a glass half full or half empty person , the reality is we are in trouble .

IMO we need to win at least 1 of the next 2 games plus maybe a draw . I know this doesn't mean survival but it will bring a feel good factor back which is much needed .

Fingers crossed.
horlickfanclub
We can win Saturday if the Manager picks a team that takes the game to the oppo. Positive thought might spread to the players but at the moment they look as muddled as Mr.Johnson. Dayton and Munnsy add some intelligence to the team.Hopefully they will play on Saturday.
Robin
I genuinely fear if Gary walks we could go down. Yes it's possible with him here but I still feel that scenario is far more likely without him.
Del Boy
Robin wrote:I genuinely fear if Gary walks we could go down. Yes it's possible with him here but I still feel that scenario is far more likely without him.
So you're saying the manager's performance has been better than most other manager's could have achieved???

Considering the circumstances of coming into the season having been promoted I'm certain the manager's performance this season has been the worst of any managers since we were promoted to the league. To say no one else available could do a better job is laughable.

For what it's worth I wouldn't change the manager at this point but I would certainly think about it in the summer if we manage to stay up.
Ralph
Robin wrote:I genuinely fear if Gary walks we could go down..
Agree

If Gary goes, we are down
drgm
Are you saying that with this budget and squad someone else could do worse?

Gary's muddled decision making goes all the way back to last summer with the signing of Jennings
from Forest Green. A player who was shipped out after hardly being given a chance to prove himself

This squad of players should be good enough to stay up in my view. We've added some good players to it in
January but tinkerman Gary is still making hard work of it. The next two games are crucial because the following
four are all against teams in the play-offs

FFS Gary, pick a settled team playing a settled system and lets see where we go from there. And please, let's pick
players based on their ability.
hand_shandy
Robin wrote:I genuinely fear if Gary walks we could go down.
Walk where? He's happy here topping up his pension (and those of other family members too).

He's going nowhere - in every sense.
Horteng
Its all becoming very tedious.

Same old interviews, same old questions, same old answers
Shade
Horteng wrote:Its all becoming very tedious.

That's football interviews. Have you only just realised? Interviewers only have always only had a certain number of questions and the managers/players only have a certain number of answers they're willing to give. It's once in a blue moon you ever hear any manager give an interesting answer, and then it's probably from the PL and plastered all over the internet and Sky Sports News, and analysed so much that even that becomes boring.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:Its all becoming very tedious.

Maybe a lollipop, or look away from the camera, etc, to mix it up?