Our rivals matches.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The 'Big One' this weekend is Leyton Orient vs Notts County

Hartlepool host Plymouth, whilst Accrington host Colchester.

We could end up anywhere from 19th to 23rd come Saturday evening.
Si Robin
The important thing to remember is, even if we are 23rd, we'll be no more than a point behind 22nd, so there is no need to panic.
Shade
Orient v County...I'm almost tempted to say we want a County win given they look most likely to win more games, so it's better if Orient get the least points possible.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yeah tough call that one Shade. Think I agreee with you. Definitely do not want Orient to win.

Plymouth owe us big time up at Hartlepool, what with their injury time win at WR and injury time bottle job vs Orient. Be nice if they beat Hartlepool so we could overtake the monkey hangers.
Shade
Quickly beginning to dislike Plymouth, has to be said. Wasn't exactly fond of them to start with.
bigdavejambo
Orients key player has a big ban heading his way too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38997798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Must have been a pretty violent shove if a three game ban is insufficient.
Arny
Shade wrote:Must have been a pretty violent shove if a three game ban is insufficient.
I think you will find that because the victim was a 'ball boy' (child) Kelly will have the book thrown at him.
Half a dozen matches or more I recon.
Johnsons Red Army
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5HNUGIlHg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Ten games I reckon and a sacking.
Ralph
That is really wrong to do. Needs to be taught a lesson. Never ever seen that happen before in 30 years of watching football
Shade
Pretty dick move - the kid wasn't even holding on to the ball, he scooped it up and was going to bowl it to the guy walking to the corner flag with his next action.

How long did Hazard get for kicking the Swansea ball boy?
Johnsons Red Army
Arny wrote:
Shade wrote:Must have been a pretty violent shove if a three game ban is insufficient.
I think you will find that because the victim was a 'ball boy' (child) Kelly will have the book thrown at him.
Half a dozen matches or more I recon.
We have a winner!

6 match ban it is.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... y-incident" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigdavejambo
Shade wrote:Pretty dick move - the kid wasn't even holding on to the ball, he scooped it up and was going to bowl it to the guy walking to the corner flag with his next action.

FA couldnt extend Hazard's ban as ref saw it. The ref didnt see Kelly push the ball boy so therefore could throw the book at him.
Johnsons Red Army
The 27-year-old denied the charge and the claim that the incident merited further punishment than the standard punishment, but the FA found him guilty and ruled the standard three-game ban was "insufficient".

What planet is he on :lol: ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was hoping for a points deduction.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:The 27-year-old denied the charge and the claim that the incident merited further punishment than the standard punishment, but the FA found him guilty and ruled the standard three-game ban was "insufficient".

What planet is he on :lol: ?
Typical East London.

Not like Stoz showing contrition for his nibble or Danny apologising for his goal celebration.
Shade
bigdavejambo wrote:
Shade wrote:Pretty dick move - the kid wasn't even holding on to the ball, he scooped it up and was going to bowl it to the guy walking to the corner flag with his next action.

FA couldnt extend Hazard's ban as ref saw it. The ref didnt see Kelly push the ball boy so therefore could throw the book at him.
Surely the FA can ban a player for as long as they want if they thought it was worthy of more?