Yeovil fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Not sure I've ever seen a more disgraceful representation of a "support". Abusing and mocking their own side almost from the off. Made me grateful for our own miserable following!
Shade
Shocking scenes. Happy to see them repeated a few more times if it means teams are losing at WR, tbh...
Rulistening
Fighting each other at one point it looked like
Shade
Rulistening wrote:Fighting each other at one point it looked like
Yes, they had a big brawl, 20 or so people theowing punches and tumbling over rows over seats, legs in the air, before the stewards and police managed to get in among them and cart several off.
Robin
It looked more like 2-3 coming to blows and others trying to break it up in fairness.
Reliant Robin
Thought our fans were magnificent today, made a lot of noise, lots of singing, really got behind the Team - and it made the difference.

The only thing that slightly marred our support was a small number of idiots in the Prestbury Road end who booed our Lads off at half time when we were still 0-0. But it pales into insignificance compared to the Yeovil lot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Divided fans not encouraging the team. Result? Dire performance from Yeovil.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reliant Robin wrote:
The only thing that slightly marred our support was a small number of idiots in the Prestbury Road end who booed our Lads off at half time when we were still 0-0.
Sad, but you can't legislate for some people. At least the team proved them wrong in the second half.
Malabus
The disturbing aggro yesterday : Image
Guy with glasses enjoying the horrific scenes.
vickeryc
Every club seems to have a small minority of chavvy morons. I assume, in most cases, this sort of behaviour is alcohol-related, especially when they're fighting amongst themselves. Whatever, it's not needed at football matches, or anywhere else for that matter.
At least it seems to have been confined to the away end - I've not heard reports of trouble elsewhere. Yeovil fans aren't usually too bad are they?
art vandalay
Group hug?
Jerry St Clair
Reliant Robin wrote: The only thing that slightly marred our support was a small number of idiots in the Prestbury Road end who booed our Lads off at half time when we were still 0-0. But it pales into insignificance compared to the Yeovil lot.
I just don't understand the concept of booing.

Stand in front of the mirror in your bathroom and start booing and see how it looks. That's right - moronic. I can just about forgive kids, but grown men should know better.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Too much pop on the train up: a sizeable group of similar looking Yeofolk disembarked from the 1211 to Aberdeen in a merry and audible state. A couple more hours of drinking probably followed.
everyman
Malabus wrote:The disturbing aggro yesterday : Image
He seems to be enjoying the RUGBY !
horlickfanclub
Maybe the troublemaker was the character in this true story from "Show of Hands" -former Cheltenham residents. Sums the place up well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd3Q6WqA3iM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
According to a couple of Yeovil fans I spoke to in Parklands after the game, they were "a bunch of twats".

I'm inclined to agree.
Reliant Robin
The lad in blue appears to be trying to restrain the one in front, fair play to him.

I was in the bar before the game and there were two distinct Yeovil fan groups at opposite ends of the bar, and they seemed to be taunting and winding each other up even at that stage about who were the most travelled group of supporters for away games. It was in good spirits at that stage, but it is unusual to hear away fans having a sing-song in our bar. The absolute vast majority of Yeovil fans are always really friendly and happy to chat about football and how our respective teams are doing, and they always bring a huge number of fans into the Robins Nest Bar. Shame a very small number decided to be tw@ts in the stand.
vickeryc
Yes, the overwhelming majority of their fans seem very decent and perceptions of their club shouldn't be smeared by this isolated incident by a tiny number of idiots.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Maybe the troublemaker was the character in this true story from "Show of Hands" -former Cheltenham residents. Sums the place up well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd3Q6WqA3iM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw Steve Knightley in a small acoustic performance at the Royal Northumberland Yacht Club last year, as part of his tour of the UK coast. Had a bit of banter and craic about a few places in the SW, and made a few jokes about Chelt once he realised I was from the town.
longmover
Malabus wrote:The disturbing aggro yesterday : Image
Harry Potter just about to cast a spell
confused.com
Reliant Robin wrote:The lad in blue appears to be trying to restrain the one in front, fair play to him.

I was in the bar before the game and there were two distinct Yeovil fan groups at opposite ends of the bar, and they seemed to be taunting and winding each other up even at that stage about who were the most travelled group of supporters for away games. It was in good spirits at that stage, but it is unusual to hear away fans having a sing-song in our bar. The absolute vast majority of Yeovil fans are always really friendly and happy to chat about football and how our respective teams are doing, and they always bring a huge number of fans into the Robins Nest Bar. Shame a very small number decided to be tw@ts in the stand.
would be shocking to think we ever stooped so low as to the old, how many away games do you go to, makes us better supporters etc LOL
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Maybe the troublemaker was the character in this true story from "Show of Hands" -former Cheltenham residents. Sums the place up well.
I saw Steve Knightley in a small acoustic performance at the Royal Northumberland Yacht Club last year, as part of his tour of the UK coast. Had a bit of banter and craic about a few places in the SW, and made a few jokes about Chelt once he realised I was from the town.
good to see the Irish Tourist Board is doing its job well as you promote their bastardisation of 'crack' into 'craic' - what an advertising coup
joes dad
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Some of them were really anti their team and Manager. I wish we had as many points.