I find this rather satisfying

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Stroudie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-39106992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies if this has already been posted.
Nesty
Mrs Griggs caused this...........

story goes she got fed up of her husband Max spending all his dosh on Rushden & Diamonds, she told him to jack it in. The bottom fell out of the Dr Martens shoe business mainly because the Yanks refused to wear anything made in Asia (which is where they switched production to - a not very wise move) it lowered the cost of production but decimated their sales.
Nham68
Two old colleagues of mine were season ticket holders. Passionate, supportive, great fans . A parent of one of them was the MD. Worked tirelessly for the club, which was a major part of the community.

How can you call yourself football fans when you effectively rejoice (find it satisfying) at a clubs total demise ? Find that quite strange .. it's mostly everyday, honest fans who saw their dreams evaporate.
vickeryc
Nham68 wrote:Two old colleagues of mine were season ticket holders. Passionate, supportive, great fans . A parent of one of them was the MD. Worked tirelessly for the club, which was a major part of the community.

How can you call yourself football fans when you effectively rejoice (find it satisfying) at a clubs total demise ? Find that quite strange .. it's mostly everyday, honest fans who saw their dreams evaporate.
Agree, imagine how we'd feel in their position.
Ralph
Will never forget the Annies fan giving us all the finger at Cardiff in the play off final on the big screen. You can never hope a club dies. Maybe drop a div or 2, get a 10pt reduction for administration but never actually die
leohoenig
This is not the death of a Football Club, but the demolishment of an unused football ground
Rushden & Diamonds FC folded in 2011
AFC Rushden & Diamonds, a fan owned club started at United Counties League Division One in 2012, and have since won two promotions, 2014 and 2015. They are currently in Northern Premier, Division One (South) in a play off position.
Nesty
agree - it is sad
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is sad. Also sad for the fans who were sold a dream based on unsustainable foundations.

I won't blame the fans, as who wouldn't get excited in that situation - just a shame owners took the fans on the ride knowing they were going to have throw them off with a bump once the sand foundations drifted away.
Ralph
Thing is it's so damn obvious what is going on at FGR but there are"fans" there that just don't want to believe it. You can see the trainwreck happening right in front of you like its slow motion.
When the next accounts come out that will be another 2mill loss at least, probably 2.5m again, so then it will be be about 10mill in debt. The assets are a lot less if it is just based on the football club.
I know it is just part of DV business, but there comes a point when change needs to happen whoever you are
Reliant Robin
Ah yes, Rushton Anne Diamond ....

I knew Rushton had gone, but I thought Anne Diamond was still going?

confused.com
Was she not last seen in a hotel in India? Or am I confusing her with some other nonentity
everyman
confused.com wrote:Was she not last seen in a hotel in India? Or am I confusing her with some other nonentity
Her pathetic " LAPDOG " co.presenter Nick Owen is Chairman of Luton i beleive.
Ralph
is Willie Rushton dead?
Reliant Robin
Ralph wrote:is Willie Rushton dead?
He's been brown bread since 1996.
Ralph
well well that escaped me
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:I don't know now about rushton but I've got some sad news that's really hard to say:

Ken dodd's dads dogs dead
In your case, hard to punctuate too.