Gary Johnson on his future at Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Also looking ahead to Mansfield here: http://bit.ly/MansfieldMedia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any text/transcript for those who can't view video?
Johnsons Red Army
10:42 Gary Johnson on his new contract
I am still on a contract until the end of the season and I am not going to chase the board up on it.

Things have been discussed and I’ve had lunches with the chairman (Paul Baker) and David Bloxham (director).

I am very happy here, they are happy with me being here so we will let things take their course.

At this moment in time, I have no thoughts about anything else.

I enjoy the backing of the board, Russell Milton, Booky, Tim Bell, Gav Crowe, Ian Hutton, James Murphy and Pete my brother, we have a good, close staff.

I appreciate the people around me and that gives you a quality of life. We know we are able to get players here, the training ground is good and the groundsmen are doing their jobs as hard as that is for them.

The pitches at the training ground were a disgrace when I came in and they are far better now.

Everything is here for quality of life and when you are my age that’s what you are after.

Source: http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CTFC03
I'm glad we've stuck with Gary, clearly been backed in January and has brought in some serious quality and we are looking good to stay up now, well done to the board for backing him and not sacking him!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:I'm glad we've stuck with Gary, clearly been backed in January and has brought in some serious quality and we are looking good to stay up now, well done to the board for backing him and not sacking him!
Was an obvious decision. I doubt they even thought about it. Was only the knee jerkers and those who dislike GJ who ever suggested otherwise.