Champion last game.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
That's it for our hero, Kyle Storer.
Referee took Steve Evans advice and wrongly sent him off.

Good bye Champ.
Robin
club is going to appeal the red card.
Malabus
Robin wrote:club is going to appeal the red card.
We never get the 'rub of the green' hope I'm wrong. Looked 50/50 to be truly honest.
confused.com
Robin wrote:club is going to appeal the red card.
Glad to hear it as we very seldom do, so GJ must be pretty convinced. Am also sure the ref knows he got it wrong as he was a lot kinder to us in second half
Nham68
Quote from stags forum for their own fans... baffled by the sending off..

"75 minutes against 10 men and not a shot on target says it all.

We knew the pitch would have an impact on the game but I hadn't realised this would start well before kick off with a team selection which pointed towards a very direct game. With Byrom replaced by McGuire and Hoban up front it was clear we were going to just hit it long and hope. For the first 15 minutes there was nothing in it and I expected more of the same.

When McGuire lunged into a challenge I expected any cards to go against us but the referee sent a Cheltenham player off. Still not sure why, but I was grateful for the change this was bound to have on the game. Sadly we didn't seem able to change tactics. We did spend much of the rest of the first half in their territory but did little with the ball. A couple a chances seemed to be cleared off the line but we never broke them down despite corner after corner."