Steve Evans had a rather different view of events...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/HorrendousChallenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
shocked
vickeryc
What a baboon. Which match was he watching?! Mansfield were toothless and created nothing in spite of their numerical advantage. But what do you expect, the guy is pure poison and a total oaf. His histrionics unsurprisingly helped get Stoz dismissed.
confused.com
vickeryc wrote:What a baboon. Which match was he watching?! Mansfield were toothless and created nothing in spite of their numerical advantage. But what do you expect, the guy is pure poison and a total oaf. His histrionics unsurprisingly helped get Stoz dismissed.
excuse me!!!!! some of the residents of Bristol zoo will be on CNN tonight protesting
Shade
:lol:
vickeryc
confused.com wrote:
vickeryc wrote:What a baboon. Which match was he watching?! Mansfield were toothless and created nothing in spite of their numerical advantage. But what do you expect, the guy is pure poison and a total oaf. His histrionics unsurprisingly helped get Stoz dismissed.
excuse me!!!!! some of the residents of Bristol zoo will be on CNN tonight protesting
LOL. Fair point - no disrespect intended to the zoo's residents!
confused.com
WTF, horrendus tackle, leg breaker oh and by the way I would need to have a look at it???
Robin
He's clearly said that to deflect away from his team being second best against ten men, why rise to it?
Shade
Because it's Steve Evans and he shouldn't get away with any of his bullshit.
tunnelvision
It's how he's built his "career". About time the ref's got some balls and stood up to him! :evil:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Evans is a vile species. Ignore him and wait for him to eat his way to death. A truly disgusting creature, and Gloucstershire County Council should seek a legal ban of him entering the county, with any Shireman allowed to shoot the animal dead should he violate the order.
Malabus
Can't understand why his assistant ran on the pitch without being punish with a red card being issued.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
tunnelvision
Malabus wrote:Can't understand why his assistant ran on the pitch without being punish with a red card being issued.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I thought that too. Obviously different sets of rules for each team! :evil:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Like when one their guys was injured, treated on the pitch, and was not made to go off.
Reliant Robin
I'm just surprised to find that Steve Evans could see over the top of what little grass remains on the Whaddon Road pitch ?

Next time he comes to our ground, all we need to do is put some slug pellets around his dugout. That will keep him in his place.
Alf
Just noticed on highlights that as Gary is walking down the tunnel and the game is about to restart, Evans looks at the ref and says something which looks like 'well done ref' or something similar. Any lip readers out there that can interpret?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Just noticed on highlights that as Gary is walking down the tunnel and the game is about to restart, Evans looks at the ref and says something which looks like 'well done ref' or something similar. Any lip readers out there that can interpret?
"Popped the envelope in your kit bag Ref".
leohoenig
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Like when one their guys was injured, treated on the pitch, and was not made to go off.
So, a case of the referee correctly applying the laws. Shock Horror.
[An injured player no longer has to leave the pitch if a red or yellow card is shown to the person committing the foul, in this case Liam Davis]
Circa 1887
leohoenig wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Like when one their guys was injured, treated on the pitch, and was not made to go off.
[An injured player no longer has to leave the pitch if a red or yellow card is shown to the person committing the foul, in this case Liam Davis]
I noticed a few kicking off in the Wyman's about that. Couldn't help but think that if you're going to pipe up with some obsenities towards the ref - at least know the rules of the game before you do it.
Alf
I don't suppose the rules say anything about rolling around screaming like a stuck pig when all your opponent did was put in a strong tackle most of which appeared to be absorbed by the ball? Some players seem have no self respect any more. Over acting seems to be now an accepted part of the game by the football authorities but it probably does more to drag the game into disrepute than anything else.
Circa 1887
No arguments from me on that. McGuire was a disgrace, sad to see people like that dragging the game down.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:
Thanks Leo. Was not aware of that so good to know.
I-Love-CTFC
Circa 1887 wrote:No arguments from me on that. McGuire was a disgrace, sad to see people like that dragging the game down.
It was that tw@t McGuire who got Alan Bennett sent off when he was at Fleetwood. He pushed him after celebrating their goal, always been a vile cretin.
Shade
So, McGuire well and truly added to the boo list for future visits.