CTFC book help

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
Hi,

I seem to recall a book being brought out a few years back titled something like 'Cheltenham Town the league years'.

Does anybody have a spare copy for sale please as I cant seem to locate a copy anywhere unless I am dreaming the fact the book was brought out. Please PM me or email bigdavethemaddog@yahoo.co.uk if you can help.

Cheers
little mo
I have two books,one is called Cheltenham Town FC SINCE 1970, by Peter Matthews, the other is Cheltenham Town FC Classic Matches by John Palmer. Dont want to sell either but this might help you locate a copy.
drgm
I've got
The Recent Years by Christopher Bowyer and Edward Lowe
Cheltenham Town Classic Matches by Jon Palmer
Cheltenham Town Since 1970 by Peter Matthews
The Rise of the Robins by Mark Halliwell and Peter Matthews

You are welcome to borrow them
Lonely goat-herd
Most of the books listed above (and others) can be found on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... enham+town" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sanguine
Sorry to muscle in on your thread bigdavejambo, but If anyone has a copy of "CTFC: The Recent Years" which they would be willing to sell then I would be happy to pay a very reasonable price. (I can't find this particular book available for sale on the internet"). Please PM me if you can help.
bigdavejambo
Sanguine wrote:Sorry to muscle in on your thread bigdavejambo, but If anyone has a copy of "CTFC: The Recent Years" which they would be willing to sell then I would be happy to pay a very reasonable price. (I can't find this particular book available for sale on the internet"). Please PM me if you can help.
yeah same here. cant locate a copy anywhere.
cliffy90
It might be worth contacting one of the authors. Cris Bowyer is on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/crisbowyer?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigdavejambo
still looking if anybody wants to earn a few quid for xmas?
SHANDY VOR
drgm wrote:Cheltenham Town Classic Matches by Jon Palmer
Less a book, more a pamphlet :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
No, it includes defeats too.
bigdavejambo
SHANDY VOR wrote:
got that one. m sure CTFC 'the recent years' came out around 2011/2012 time
drgm
SHANDY VOR wrote:
You're so cheeky Shandy!
bigdavejambo
?
Nesty
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheltenham-Tow ... 0752447114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigdavejambo
ive got that one. its called Cheltenham Town the recent years im looking for that came out in around 2011 time.
Sanguine
Like you bigdavejambo I have been unsuccessfully looking for this book for a long time. Then my daughter came up with it as a most unexpected, but very welcome, Christmas present. I asked her where she has sourced the book and she said from the second-hand section of Amazon. So maybe worth keeping on eye on that possibility (and, of course, eBay). Good luck!
bigdavejambo
Sanguine wrote:Like you bigdavejambo I have been unsuccessfully looking for this book for a long time. Then my daughter came up with it as a most unexpected, but very welcome, Christmas present. I asked her where she has sourced the book and she said from the second-hand section of Amazon. So maybe worth keeping on eye on that possibility (and, of course, eBay). Good luck!
cheers. i often ask Chris Moss in town if he has a copy but so far no luck.
bigdavejambo
i have now managed to obtain this book with a tip off from Sanguine and im extremely happy to have completed my CTFC book collection.