Exeter City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Has anybody mentioned the dirty git that went straight through Shog while he was standing behind Brown, he made no attempt to stop and went straight through him when Brown had the ball, nothing frm the ref or linesman, crazy.
plymrob
Agree with Everyman. Traveled with optimism but felt badly let down. Nothing good to say about the team performance. Lack of passing and crossing skills, dead ball delivery poor and basic ball control let us down too frequently. Gave the ball away all the time and we were not as dominant in the air as I expected us to be.

Manny my MOM. Munns came on and did well enough to deserve a start next time - on a good pitch. At the end of the game, Wright offered more in his short cameo than Wooton had. A few I could criticise more than others... I'll leave that to others. I think Dan O'S was injured by Read when shielding the ball back to Brown (not the penalty incident). There was no free kick, and maybe a card was deserved? Hope the injury is not too bad.

Worried that we did not really offer anything in this game. Lucky to get nil and/or not to concede four or five.
drgm
Lets hope there's a Leyton Orient and a Newport County next year because from
where I'm sitting the players have been doing it by themselves for most of the season.
Gary is a busted flush -sorry if this offends but I'm being realistic
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
drgm wrote:Lets hope there's a Leyton Orient and a Newport County next year because from
where I'm sitting the players have been doing it by themselves for most of the season.
Realistic, or your opinion? The two are different.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
drgm wrote:Lets hope there's a Leyton Orient and a Newport County next year because from
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Gary is a well respected manager who's achieved a lot in the game over many years, most recently getting CTFC promoted at the first attempt with a completely new squad. Although this season has been disappointing, the January recruitment was good and I'm confident he will consolidate the club's position in the FL. I don't agree that he's become a busted flush overnight.
everyman
kora wrote:I didn't expect to get much from these two games but I did expect a battling one goal defeat at Exeter, not a clueless gutless rollover. Please let Davis be fit for Saturday and surely Munns proved last night he's worth a start. Boyle back will hopefully help but please no more Rowe or Cranston unless as an out and out winger.
I like Munns but i don`t want to see him trying to defend,before the 2nd Exeter goal Cranston tells him to pick up a runner which he decides not to do until it`s to late and just as bad Cranston then does the same,neither player can defend !
Robin
vickeryc wrote:
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Gary is a well respected manager who's achieved a lot in the game over many years, most recently getting CTFC promoted at the first attempt with a completely new squad. Although this season has been disappointing, the January recruitment was good and I'm confident he will consolidate the club's position in the FL. I don't agree that he's become a busted flush overnight.
Totally agree, I fully trust GJ to get us back in league one if he's backed. He has a proven track record and has done very well here despite the failings of last summer.
everyman
I think given G.J.`s health problem it may be time for him to join the board of directors and for us to appoint a younger coach who would benefit from having Gary around for advice when req`d.
Shade
everyman wrote:
I think given G.J.`s health problem it may be time for him to join the board of directors and for us to appoint a younger coach who would benefit from having Gary around for advice when req`d.
There are quite a few managers that have had heart ops and gone on to manage for years afterwards.
vickeryc
Yes, I think that would be a decision for GJ and his doctor to make rather than The Nest!
everyman
vickeryc wrote:Yes, I think that would be a decision for GJ and his doctor to make rather than The Nest!
This board if for debate not for making club policy !
asl
vickeryc wrote:Yes, I think that would be a decision for GJ and his doctor to make rather than The Nest!
Oh, I don't know: there were some on the Nest who felt it was their right to decide how much money a director should invest...