Salvation !

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Who can score the goals to keep us in E.F.L.The stats suggest Waters and Wright but you wouldn`t risk your house on them.Best bet some of our giant defenders from dead ball situations,but we don`t seem to work on those ?
Nesty
good headline

I thought it would be news that SC was coming back till the end of season.
Fuller
My personal choice for our saviour would be Aaron Downes.

I thought his 15 second contribution in the 5th minute of injury time was immense on Saturday, and he would make a fine centre forward and goalscorer.

And did Danny Wright have some sort of new fangled lead weight in his boots ? He was having a bit of trouble jumping but managed to stay on his feet for most of the 90 minutes on our "cowfield" which is no mean feat ! And what did Wharton the Cambridge centre half do exactly to get himself booked when Danny landed on top of him on one of the few occasions he did fall over ? Crowd were a bit agitated ?

As Gary says - you've got to have a bit of fun in the face of adversity.
Shade
Fuller wrote:My personal choice for our saviour would be Aaron Downes.

I thought his 15 second contribution in the 5th minute of injury time was immense on Saturday, and he would make a fine centre forward and goalscorer.

And did Danny Wright have some sort of new fangled lead weight in his boots ? He was having a bit of trouble jumping but managed to stay on his feet for most of the 90 minutes on our "cowfield" which is no mean feat ! And what did Wharton the Cambridge centre half do exactly to get himself booked when Danny landed on top of him on one of the few occasions he did fall over ? Crowd were a bit agitated ?

Wright got sandwiched between two Cambridge players trying to win a header on the touchline. He fell back onto Wharton and they both went down, Wright on top of Wharton. Wright got up and started to walk away and Wharton kicked out whilst he was still down, very blatantly and petulantly in a stamping kind of motion, at DW right in front of the lino. No contact was made by 4 or 5 inches, but the intent was definitely there. The lino saw it all and immediately told Wharton to calm down, along with hand motions. Wharton got got up and then started trying to seek out Wright. The ref didn't see it so spoke to the lino, who for some reason must have said it was only a yellow card offence. I thought a kick out was a kick out and it was a red card, personally, but what do I know. You can guarantee Storer would have seen red for that - he has done for less.

Wharton then dived a few minutes later when he got within a few inches of Wright, claiming an elbow. There was no contact whatsoever but Wharton stayed down, even though his team were defending, in case he got a second yellow for diving.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup. No doubt at all that CTFC would have been given a red for what Wharton did.
everyman
Fuller wrote:My personal choice for our saviour would be Aaron Downes.

You can`t get any purchase when trying to jump on shifting sand ?