Asa

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Set for recall this week: http://bit.ly/RecallLikely" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
good news -
Tewkesbury Robin
I seem to recall that some of last season`s squad regarded him as the most skilful player that we had.

A pity that he has been so injury prone but a fit Asa Hall will be a welcome addition to our squad. I certainly hope he is recalled.
Shade
Never really expected it to be anything more than a month to get match fitness. Expect him to be back in the team on Saturday at Barnet.
Nham68
That's good news. Always thought he added a stability and element of creativity to our midfield...
paperboy
...don't get me wrong I like Asa Hall but I do smile when we all say how much better a team will be with someone coming into the side... Stoz,Asa, Dan , Wrighty etc. --then once they start a game and have little impact they are deemed clearly not good enough at this level. :-)
Nham68
paperboy wrote:...don't get me wrong I like Asa Hall but I do smile when we all say how much better a team will be with someone coming into the side... Stoz,Asa, Dan , Wrighty etc. --then once they start a game and have little impact they are deemed clearly not good enough at this level. :-)
I don't think anyone has ever questioned Halls ability and impact - the issue has been injuries and not getting into the side last season / this season with Pell/ Storer and his own recovery ...
Shade
Nor Storer, he who has played in 8 of our 9 wins this season.
Robin
It makes total sense to recall him, unlike AMS and Parslow I expect him to be here next season (as a squad player) and with Storer out he is the most logical to come in and cover.
horlickfanclub
As much as i like Asa another season with his injury record is too risky.
Robin
paperboy wrote:...don't get me wrong I like Asa Hall but I do smile when we all say how much better a team will be with someone coming into the side... Stoz,Asa, Dan , Wrighty etc. --then once they start a game and have little impact they are deemed clearly not good enough at this level. :-)

Spot on! I see plenty of people complaining but no clear agreement on which players are not good enough to remain. Some people think Cranston is decent others not, same with Storer, Holman, Wright, Brown etc.
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:Set for recall this week: http://bit.ly/RecallLikely" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know he is contracted to us but he felt little valued while here, now he`s playing for a manager that believes in him and is doing well and looking forward to Wembley.Dont think we will see a very happy Asa if he comes back.
horlickfanclub
If he comes back we will have four players sitting in the stand.
andgarod
and which 4 are those
downes pike Dan Os and diego or am i missing something?
horlickfanclub
O'Shaugh injured. I was counting Bower but as far as wages go you can add O'Shaugh and Page.