Two teams there for the taking

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
And we've failed to get anythng, both Cambridge and Barnet offered nothing and put six points on a plate for us and we've failed to take the opportunity. We look lost, no leaders, no iniative being taken by anyone to change the game, just going through the 'losing' motions till the final whistle then all look at each other wondering why it happened.

As much as it looks like staying up is in our hands it isnt, there's two teams determining our fate for us, what concerns me is the mental state of this team, where's the famous fight gone? If this season ends in a fight I dont see us winning.

I'd really like to see them shut up shop, no media, close the doors and sort this mess out, the players can play we've seen them do it. If it needs the board to step in and make a decision then so be it.

We cant get relegated we wont come back up.
Ralph
100% agree esp the last line
Nesty
too many changes to the line up every week has been a problem, forced on us by suspensions and injury, last season the team almost picked itself, this season its like when I played for Cheltenham League sides when the manager would chuck the shirts in the changing room and we had to sort out who played where. Twice I was left with the keepers jersey!! no OK its not as bad as that but you get the feeling we are 7 games from the end of the season and those in charge still havent got a clue what the best XI is

Also we have had the situation with some of the players being out of favour, yet when they are picked they show their worth, others who have been found wanting seem to be rubber stamped on the team sheet.
everyman
Nesty wrote:too many changes to the line up every week has been a problem, forced on us by suspensions and injury, last season the team almost picked itself, this season its like when I played for Cheltenham League sides when the manager would chuck the shirts in the changing room and we had to sort out who played where. Twice I was left with the keepers jersey!! no OK its not as bad as that but you get the feeling we are 7 games from the end of the season and those in charge still havent got a clue what the best XI is

Also we have had the situation with some of the players being out of favour, yet when they are picked they show their worth, others who have been found wanting seem to be rubber stamped on the team sheet.
It appears that some players are going through the motions knowing they wont be here next season.
Robin
Which ones though? I would expect most of the starting eleven today to be here next season.
Benctfc
Robin wrote:Which ones though? I would expect most of the starting eleven today to be here next season.
No chance Robin surely? I believe only Pell,Boyle and Winchester are contracted? Plus out of that 11 the only ones I would keep would be Waters and Davis and only then as bench players the rest are loan players who we have no chance of signing and the other players aren't good enough at this level as shown this season.
Robin
Jon Palmer reported we are looking to sign Scott Brown, I think we will keep Barts, Wright, Waters, Dayton and Davis. Tin and Manny will go back. I expect us to release 5-6 and Pete Johnson said we are looking to add 4-5 players this summer.

So Jennings, Ams, Hall, Parslow, Downes doesn't leave many if we only signing 4-5.
Benctfc
Thats what worries me we should be looking to sign around 10 and releasing a similar amount a kind of rebuild job similar to the conference winning season. It will take more than 4 new players to improve us enough to compete better at this level.