James Rowe / Jordan Cranston

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Whilst supporters are at liberty to have views as to whether players are up to the standard required, I was disappointed to hear the direct abuse aimed at them (within their earshot) before they even had a kick of the ball.

Is it so difficult to put aside such abuse whilst the game is being played and focus energies into supporting the team whom we have no choice but to entrust with our league status?

I think it's easy to forget that footballers are human beings too and may be vulnerable to a lack of confidence or even a fragile mental health. I just don't see what shouting "f#!$ off you useless #$£!" is going to achieve.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It achieves nothing positive.

Whilst you ask if it is difficult, unfortunately for a boo-boy who would rather abuse individuals even if it harms the team, it is not just difficult but seemingly impossible.

I don't think I will ever understand why a small minority would choose to damage the team's confidence and performance rather than support the eleven on the pitch and encourage them. Makes no sense to normal people, but such is the way of the boo-boy.

Let's hope the players and fans can rise above the abusers for the rest of the season.
Robin
I must admit the Cranston situation is starting to irk me, the lad seems to get a disproportionate amount of playing time especially as apart from the first few games of the season he's struggled defensively and offers nothing going forward. That said, unlike say CBB you can never fault his commitment to the cause so abuse is totally out of order in my opinion.

As for Rowe my perception is that he's like marmite with the fans he's either hated or loved. Technically he's very good and has some very good games but equally has a few stinkers. I would give him a new deal as cover myself.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is fine to think the manager is picking the wrong players, as all fans have valid opions.

But shouting at a player to f*ck off for being a f*cking useless **** is not a constructive way to express that opinion: what do the abusers want, JC to leave the pitch and leave us with ten men?
andgarod
I can only think on a couple of occassions that I have seen players not try
It really is in their interest to try
horlickfanclub
I can see some players have Div 2 ability and some do not but berating them does no good. Other supporters need to shut the abusers up.
Reliant Robin
Music to the ears of Newport fans to hear that we are berating our own Players. It's got to stop.

Witch hunts against certain Players drags the other Players down as well, because they are all colleagues. It creates a totally toxic atmosphere that is no good for anyone.

We overturned FGR last season in the run in for the Title. We did that by all being together and exposing FGR as a team in disarray - basically, we got under their skin.

We must not let Newport do that to us now in this run in.