6 pt.advantage/false sense of security.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Newport are fighting to stay up, 7pts.in march.
Cheltenham are not with 1pt.in march.
Do we have to wait for the situation to get worse before we begin to show some guts ?
andgarod
exactly

If newport win next 2 games and we get beat in the next 2 then the goal difference changes and suddenly we are playing catch up
Robin
We've had a disaster in March with Stoz red, GJ falling ill we could easilly get sucked into if things don't improve rapidly however as it stands the bottom two are very likely to go down instead of us so let's keep some perspective.
andgarod
not the first time we have had a disastrous March
confused.com
very false position indeed, as we have seen little lately that would convince me that this squad is up for a survival scrap.
Robin, can't fault you. The perspective is, as you say, we could very easily get sucked into things if we do not improve, quickly. I think if we give even the slightest glimmer of hope to newport (narrowing gap to 4 points). It will give them the incentive they need.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When were in the bottom two some suggested even a two or three point deficit was too much. Now we are out the bottom two some say six points is not enough. We could be level in two weeks. We could be 12 ahead. In all probability we will be somewhere inbetween.

Don't forget Hartlepool are only two points ahead. If we can finish above them it does not matter if Newport finish above us.
Robin
I fancy us to finish above Hartlepool myself and if someone is over taken they are more likely.
Shade
Who knows how it's going to go. Newport have been better but have drawn and narrowly lost their last 2 to top 5 sides - they appear to have improved, much as we had a month ago. Hopefully they'll have yet another collapse. At the moment I'd say our best bet is Hartlepool. In a way, it would be nice for some revenge for two years ago when they came back from the dead and overhauled us.

Still, anyone saying we're in a false position...how does that work? We've got the points that we've earned. Other teams have the points that they have earned. If anything, with no more than one top team left to play, we're slightly lower than we should be.