The Reaction

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
The game this Saturday is massive, not just for the points but the way in which the players react, they've seen first hand (Barnet) that fans are now on their backs, the champions days are done (finished) this is real league football and there is nowhere to hide. Hopefully the scenes at the end of the Barnet game should have sunk into all the players minds. If there is a repeat performance of Saturdays capitulation (or the last 4/5 games) then I'm going to be very very concerned.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Also hope the fans go to the game in positive mood to support the team, rather than going waiting for a reason to abuse the team.
darreno
Feels to me like Deja vu
Reliant Robin
Agreed, the game on Saturday v Morecambe is massive.

No one wants to be in our current position (apart from perhaps Orient and Newport ;) ), but I have always had extremely serious doubts about the effectiveness of fans getting on Players' backs.

Gary Johnson has pleaded with fans to stick with the Team, raise the atmosphere, get behind each and every player and give them the confidence and your support in order for them to raise their game.

Confidence is an incredibly fragile thing, especially for a footballer. Make a mistake, fans on your back, and the last thing you want at you feet is a football, for fear of making another mistake and suffering the backlash from the fans.

If people want their team to get relegated, then by all means boo the sh!t out of them, because that's what happens when the atmosphere turns toxic; we know that from 2014/15 season.

If people want to see their team turn things around, then you need to cheer them on with all that you have got.