"Pitch worse than Newport" - Bentley.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Enjoy.
https://audioboom.com/posts/5773047-man ... fical-side" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
F*ck off Bentley. F*ck off Ellison. If the pitch was decent Holman would have had a hat trick so count yourselves lucky.
vickeryc
Bentley is a bozo who can't be taken remotely seriously. The pitch comment sums him up.
everyman
vickeryc wrote:Bentley is a bozo who can't be taken remotely seriously. The pitch comment sums him up.
Remember him having a go at Harry Pell in dec.,who has the last laugh ? 3 goals against Morecambe now.
London Exile
It's bad but it's not worse than Newports. In any case, it wouldn't matter if our pitch was a carpet because Morecambe dont play football. Their team is completely anti football filled with a group of rugged, robust cheats.
Ralph
Newport yesterday https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/ ... 6529205249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Bentleys team is a mirror of himself. Our pitch might be like a beach but at least its paid for.
Shade
Whenever I hear this jokers name I'll just forever remember him snatching to £100 out of a fans hand when offered it.

The pitch had nothing to do with his teams, let's be honest, battering. A better pitch would have seen us probably score the 6 we should have had and they wouldn't have had the half decent last 15 minutes that was only caused by our own nervousness.
THECHOIRBOY
Shade wrote:The pitch had nothing to do with his teams, let's be honest, battering.
I am sure people tell us it is one of the reasons when we lose matches on it though!?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:
Shade wrote:The pitch had nothing to do with his teams, let's be honest, battering.
I am sure people tell us it is one of the reasons when we lose matches on it though!?
We are a footballing side. Morecambe are a shin kick and hoof side. Pitch favours teams like them more.
Shade
THECHOIRBOY wrote:
And it may be so in a tight game where a bobble has been the difference between a goal scored or missed, but their mentality from the start was dreadful, trying to get our players booked, it was like they came to just be a nasty team. Their number 5 should have had two yellows in the space of 10 seconds when they were 3-0 down for two petulant looking off-the-ball incidents with Danny Wright. Both times he was behind Wright and at least once had his arm wrapped around DW's throat, both involved violent looking 'throws' that Storer would have seen red for. How the officials didn't see either of them is a mystery as the ball wasn't a million miles away from that area of the pitch.
darreno
It's pantomime, all part of the game. I love it :lol:
robinrobin
Its not going to be pretty