Season Tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Because I know a few people miss these things, and I've literally only seen it mentioned on the main site so far

Season tickets for 2017/18 season go on sale from Monday morning, and forms will be available at the ticket office. Season ticket forms and finance forms can also be downloaded and printed from this page: http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 73792.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Early Bird deal ends 31st May as usual. I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere on here the other day, but ST prices have been frozen again.
cheltsaxon
why should we bother the club don't do enough to let people know Bristol city have theres all over the city advertised, the only way you can find anything out about Chelt is if you go looking for it.
London Exile
Hopefully with Murry Toms as FED on the board we will see our media and how the club communicates information increase massively.

I'm quite excited that we have 2 new and youngish faces on the board in MT and Paul Bence and hopefully the other incoming person will add some new vigour to the board as well.
bigdavejambo
does the book of match tickets that makes up a season ticket come with each team and match date on the actual ticket?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote:does the book of match tickets that makes up a season ticket come with each team and match date on the actual ticket?
The last two seasons, yes. It is just 23 match tickets, identical to normal match tickets, so time, date, team, seat number on every one. Then a few vouchers (free pint, bring a mate for a tenner, discount in shop).

Until they went to this format two years ago, the ST book was a bespoke product different from normal match tickets, which was a bound book of vouchers just saying "Match 1", "Match 2", etc, which you would rip out on the turnstile.

The current format means;

a) no need to carry book around, so less risk of loss or going through washing machine
b) a reminder of fixture data and time
c) it is easier to give an individual ticket to someone when you can't go, as you do not need to worry about getting the book back off them
andgarod
RCS can you clarify

In the old ST book the ticket(s) were non transferable, are you now saying they are transferable or are you just ignoring the rules
Si Robin
They are non-transferrable, but it didn't stop me giving my booklet to a family member or friend before. It's just easier now.
London Exile
The way I look at it, I've paid for both my season tickets and on the odd occasion one has been going spare (or both this weekend :evil: ) it's better that someone goes who might possibly come along to a game at a later date and pay full price.

Surely it's no worse than the complimentary tickets the club offers sometimes to try and entice new fans?
Last edited by London Exile on 25 Apr 2017, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:RCS can you clarify

In the old ST book the ticket(s) were non transferable, are you now saying they are transferable or are you just ignoring the rules
Neither confirming nor denying that. Just saying that it is easier to share should you want to.

I would raise one question however. If someone knows they will only make 10 games a season, is it better for the club to just sell them 10 tickets (£210) or to sell them an ST for (is it £450?) which would then be used by others who would not normally come and may be tempted back another time.

If you are recommending such fans half the amount they spend on the club, no wonder the Board and Trust ignored your offers of help.
andgarod
simple I was just wondering if you were condoning the practice or not
To answer your question there is no benefit to the club if the extra fan comes in for nothing using your ticket. The question is would that fan / person turn up if there wasnt a freebie.
Funnily enough the discussion about freebies turning up and buying a program and a hotdog give the club profit has already taken place. Are not the food and program franchises already sold so this extra fan gives no extra money to the club but may add to the ambiance of the event or may just be a miserable moaner. Perhaps you vet those you give your ticket to and ensore that the add to the noise
Anyway the discussion helps you keep your posting up ;)
Si Robin
In the same way that there is no benefit, there is also no detriment. As the club has sold the ticket already they need to ensure that there are enough stewards in place anyway. If the person using the ticket wouldn't come without the freebie, then the club isn't losing out on their money either.

I've missed 3 games this season and I will miss the game on Saturday due to my son's football tour. My ticket will be used by someone who has paid to see every other home game this season. Given he's paid more to watch Cheltenham this season than me already, I see no harm in him getting Saturday's game for nothing.
Artemis
A friend of mine and I share a season ticket - on the occasion when we both go, we split the cost. The club gets the upfront money - which is what they need to tide them over the otherwise fallow summer period and entice the summer signings, and get an occasional top-up. I don't see the problem with that.
theidlerich
Prefer the 'ticket' format I must say. The 'discount' bits could be a little more generous though! However whether I acquire a 2017/8 batch is a mute point!
bigdavejambo
will flexi-tickets still be on sale next season?