Crawley Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Shade wrote:Sort yourselves out. Cheltenham v Hartlepool will decide it. Grimsby won't cope with our pitch either. 6/6 at home will be enough.
We might not cope with our pitch either Shade, Lodgers have a game on it tomorrow, feckin joke playing on it 48 hours before a massive game for us.
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:RR. You should move to Brighton today was almost a home game! Yes love to see them lose that's why I do a 7 hour round trip every other week, just so I can witness it. But agree it's very irratating on a long drive home to read that allis good and we are OK. Not sure how close we have to get to the relegation spot for you to start getting worried. Would have thought 2 points would have been enough. We are treading water hoping another club
I don't understand your mentality confused.com - do you think that your pessimism will have the desired effect on someone, somewhere? The Players? The Management? The Board? Do you think that by trying to get me to agree with you that 'we are doomed' is going to add weight to your argument and help your cause, or make you feel better? What in fact is your cause? Perhaps it's that if we do get relegated, you will be able to leap around telling everyone how right you were and how wrong I was? confused.com will therefore have pulled off the greatest result of the season. Well done you. I'm not going to worry myself over you though ;)
confused.com
Sorry to burst that bubble RR, do you really think either my views or yours have even the slightest impact on our ability to put away teams? I will be as gutted as anyone if we go back down and certainly won't be saying I told you so. Juat don't get how you constantly fail to see the elephant in the room and think a cheeky smile and a cheery whistle is all we need to keep us going
Arny
What's happened to that old adage 'points in the bag ...'
Taking GD into consideration both Newport and Hartlepools must secure 3 points more than CTFC to go above them.
Not easy for any of the bottom of table clubs.
vickeryc
confused.com wrote:Sorry to burst that bubble RR, do you really think either my views or yours have even the slightest impact on our ability to put away teams? I will be as gutted as anyone if we go back down and certainly won't be saying I told you so. Juat don't get how you constantly fail to see the elephant in the room and think a cheeky smile and a cheery whistle is all we need to keep us going
Far be it for me to assume that I know what others think, but I sense both of you want the best for the club, the same as I do. The only difference is that one of you has a cup half empty approach while the other's is half full. This appears quite reflective of the Forum as a whole.

Personally, although I get as depressed as anyone when things don't go our way, I try to stay as upbeat as possible. Being negative doesn't do me - or anyone else - any favours. And negative vibes are like a creeping disease that sucks the life out of everyone involved with the club. Besides, what is there to be so over-the-top negative about? We aren't living in Syria and our club still has a better-than-evens chance of finishing above 23rd. The fans of the other clubs will be feeling just as nervous as us. Newport might be on a good run now, but they are still reliant on us slipping up, and one bad result for them will change everything...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
With four games to go and two teams below us ee are not likely to go down.

I suggest those who can't cope with the situation forget about CTFC for a month or two and re-engage when the transfer window opens and the L2 2017/18 fixtures are released.
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Sorry to burst that bubble RR, do you really think either my views or yours have even the slightest impact on our ability to put away teams? I will be as gutted as anyone if we go back down and certainly won't be saying I told you so. Juat don't get how you constantly fail to see the elephant in the room and think a cheeky smile and a cheery whistle is all we need to keep us going
Ah, so you want people to see an elephant in the room? Don't you think we all see the precarious position we are in then?

Just to enlighten you as to why my bubble remains intact - take the analogy of being a football manager yourself: would you be going into that changing room shouting about the elephant in the room to your players, or would you be helping them to believe they can pull off the victories that will secure their safety in the League? There is a surprising amount of psychology used in professional sport.

That's the difference between you and I, confused.com - my firm belief is that you have to plant belief in the minds of the Players, The Club and indeed the fans. Without that hope, we have nothing to play for. That's why my glass always remains half full, until it is mathematically impossible to avoid the drop. The situation we are in remains in our own hands. I do not see your elephant. Your doom and gloom approach does nothing to inspire, quite the opposite in fact. In the changing room, you'd be the kiss of death.

There is no cheeky smile involved. The position remains serious, everyone knows that, as we still have to perform. The last thing anyone would want in a changing room right now, is your elephant, or you. Take it home with you, please. You never know, it might even be made of chocolate. Happy Easter.
Alf
Agree with the psychology aspect Reliant. Last season the team thought they could beat Real Madrid and confidence was there in spades. A good sign of this is that we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo in front of goal at the moment and that eventually saps confidence, whereas last season virtually everything we tried was going in, which encourages players to shoot for fun.
confused.com
Yes RR and the gap in our belief is that the players listen to the manager not what nut jobs like us say on here. That's the difference
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Yes RR and the gap in our belief is that the players listen to the manager not what nut jobs like us say on here. That's the difference
They do however react to the fans during the match. Negativity on the terraces impacts on performance and confidence.
confused.com
Would never and never have been negative at a match, behind them 100%
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Yes RR and the gap in our belief is that the players listen to the manager not what nut jobs like us say on here. That's the difference
Sorry to burst your bubble confused.com - I'm an F.A. qualified Football coach - with 14 years experience of coaching and managing F.A. Affiliated football teams. I don't bullish!t either. I also hold a certificate in psychological testing. I think those qualifications are "the gap" between you and I.

The persistent attempts you keep making at trying to discredit what I say, just make you look like the nut job you obviously are.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is 'nut job' the correct psychological assessment term?
confused.com
I believe so lol
horlickfanclub
We must all get one of those certificates so we can debate on an equal level.
confused.com
Indeed lol freely available, alon with a sense of humour ;)
Reliant Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Is 'nut job' the correct psychological assessment term?
No RCS, in confused.com's case, I think "hand job" would be more appropriate ;)
Reliant Robin
horlickfanclub wrote:We must all get one of those certificates so we can debate on an equal level.
A mass debate then? confused.com would be well up for that ;)
confused.com
Certainly would, enjoy the crack on here
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Certainly would, enjoy the crack on here
Good lad. That's the spirit.

Safe journey up from Brighton tomorrow. Hope our Team reward you with a win.
confused.com
Reliant Robin wrote:
confused.com wrote:Certainly would, enjoy the crack on here
Good lad. That's the spirit.

Safe journey up from Brighton tomorrow. Hope our Team reward you with a win.
They better, trip back always faster with 3 points in the tank