Crawley Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/CrawleyTownAway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf
Stating the bleedin' obvious but we really have to start sticking away some of these chances or we're in big trouble!
Ralph
yep Newport are winning v Yeovil (although it pulls Yeovil down towards us a little)
confused.com
Tired saying it.... we are already in trouble. This is the only place I ever come to that says a team just 4 points clear of relegation, no matter what the league. Are safe!!!
Horteng
Very worrying if Newport win and we only draw.

They will certainly have the momentum
Rulistening
confused.com wrote:Tired saying it.... we are already in trouble. This is the only place I ever come to that says a team just 4 points clear of relegation, no matter what the league. Are safe!!!
Yup, guess we are doom and gloom for stating the obvious of we are seriously in trouble here! Lets hope we can scrape staying up.
Robin
Another two points dropped by the sound of it, a win on Monday is becoming vital. I must admit for the first time I am a little nervous that we could go down - still think we will be fine but need to close winnable games out like that the last two.
confused.com
Horteng wrote:Very worrying if Newport win and we only draw.

Newport win and one of RR's favs for relegation beat Stevenage to pull a bit further away
confused.com
Robin wrote:Another two points dropped by the sound of it, a win on Monday is becoming vital. I must admit for the first time I am a little nervous that we could go down - still think we will be fine but need to close winnable games out like that the last two.
Well with Grims beating Cambridge today, that task just got a bit harder
Horteng
Oh F@CK
Nesty
those 2 points we dropped at home against Newport .......... !!

still as RCS says "WE WONT GO DOWN"
London Exile
We've had countless, countless opportunities to pull clear of the drop and yet as the season nears a conclusion we are getting closer and closer to the trap door.
Newport will win Monday as Plymouth will still be hung over, Hartlepool will win so that makes our game against Grimsby a must win on Monday.

Would dearly love us to be 5 points clear of 23rd place on Monday night but fear we might actually find ourselves occupying that position.
confused.com
my only solace is that I am a moaning doom monger who never sees the good side of this league. After all, we are often informed that we are already home and hosed
Robin
If we win on Monday and Newport lose then I would argue we are close to being safe Confused, all very fine margins right now.
London Exile
Would love for us to need to beat Hartlepool to secure safety and send them down.
Horrible feeling we could be first team to be relegated straight back to non league.
FOD_Wyman_2010
Very upset this evening. Feel today was our last chance of a win away from home this season. I just don't see us going to Blackpool or Pompey and getting anything at all. We went to Exeter and rolled over whereas Newport go there and win with a clean sheet. Hartlepool have three points Monday as they will beat Orient. Newport could well win as they are on fire. Anything other than a win Monday sees us down as far as I'm concerned.

Inconsolable.
confused.com
Robin wrote:If we win on Monday and Newport lose then I would argue we are close to being safe Confused, all very fine margins right now.
I believe that was the theory being expounded for today as well Robin. Not necessarily by yourself. After today's results, I think it will be a massive task for us to win on Monday, obviously I hope we do, but won't be driving up with any confidence. However, given the way the fixtures have fallen I think the other two will pick up points.
London Exile
Grimsby are due a win against us which has me dreading Monday
Robin
I really see Newport dropping points on Monday, I do not see them winning four on the bounce especially away at a side battling for automatic promotion. Agree about Hartlepool they will win so if we do then I would say we are almost there.

It might not bring much hope but Orient are officially relegated if Hartlepool win, so hopefully they will be battling hard and not an easy away win (especially as Pools away form is truly dire).
London Exile
Could really do with GJ being at the game Monday to rally the troops and crowd
art vandalay
I thought we've been in relegation trouble since October but some people seem to have spent all season with their head above the clouds thinking that we're basically a play-off standard team just needing to put a few decent results together. I genuinely feel that anything less than 4 points from our home games will send us down and even that might not be enough.
CTFCfan99
confused.com
Just waiting for Reliant to appear telling us how that is one more point towards safety, all part of the plan, just stick together etc etc etc
London Exile
Is Jordan Cranston back on Monday? If so he'll be straight back in the starting XI
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Just waiting for Reliant to appear telling us how that is one more point towards safety, all part of the plan, just stick together etc etc etc
You are really starting to hack me off confused.com it's like you are desperate for us to go down just so you can practise a rare opportunity of one-upmanship, because you continually try to bait me for some odd reason.

I'm on my way back from the game at Crawley, we were very unlucky not to get 3 points today. I've said in recent posts that Newport would survive - that prediction is looking correct. I said Yeovil could get pulled into the scrap - again that's looking correct. I said Hartlepool would be in the relegation mix - very possible. I made a mistake with Morecambe as I said they would be in it too, possibly my only prediction error on the face of it, but not a bad return on what I believed could happen. I hope we will be okay. It's not certain for sure, but it is still in our hands and we are still fighting. Unlike you confused.com I have not thrown in the towel. One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong. I'm still backing our lads to get us to safety.
Ralph
confused.com wrote:Just waiting for Reliant to appear telling us how that is one more point towards safety, all part of the plan, just stick together etc etc etc
if he does, I may just ban him till the seasons over....
Ctfc02
It's gonna come down to the massive game against the pools. Whoever wins stays up
Ralph
And that was a joke RR just incase you were priming a PM

Have to say I'm gutted about today
Alf
It makes me laugh all these predictions about who is going to win or lose. If football was that predictable you should all be millionaires. Yes, it's getting scary but it's also worrying for all the others down at the bottom. I believe that we can stay up unless it's mathematically impossible to do so. If we go down we'll have to deal with it, hopefully as well as we did before. If you were asked which season has given you the most pleasure, would you say this season or last?
everyman
Horteng wrote:Very worrying if Newport win and we only draw.

Newport 5 wins in 8,
Robins 1 win in 8.
Who wants to stay up more ?
Shade
Sort yourselves out. Cheltenham v Hartlepool will decide it. Grimsby won't cope with our pitch either. 6/6 at home will be enough.
Oldun
What is Pools recent run like and Yeovil? And I cannot believe that the results mean they "want it more"!
Last few games we have DWD.....Win home, draw away....promotion form I suggest!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:those 2 points we dropped at home against Newport .......... !!

still as RCS says "WE WONT GO DOWN"
Correct. Two teams below us with four games to go means we are still third favourites for the drop.

Be a bit more relaxing if/when we overtake Yeovil.
Ralph
Shade wrote:Sort yourselves out. Cheltenham v Hartlepool will decide it. Grimsby won't cope with our pitch either. 6/6 at home will be enough.
I'm with you Shade
confused.com
RR. You should move to Brighton today was almost a home game! Yes love to see them lose that's why I do a 7 hour round trip every other week, just so I can witness it. But agree it's very irratating on a long drive home to read that allis good and we are OK. Not sure how close we have to get to the relegation spot for you to start getting worried. Would have thought 2 points would have been enough. We are treading water hoping another club