Paul Bence

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Another new addition to the board:
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 73686.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His younger brother Matt was the year above me at primary school.
asl
Doesn't Paul run a bouncy castle hire company? Could come up with a few ideas for some amusing half time entertainment!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He is MD of Bence. Our former sponsors. Don't think their bricks and kitchens are very bouncy.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:His younger brother Matt was the year above me at primary school.
Wasn`t everyone above you at school ???
paperboy
...and their lorries royally p... me off when I drive to work in the mornings and they are parked both sides of the road stopping the flow of traffic.

..rant over .

Happy Easter everyone.
Horteng
Would he if had to put £100k in the pot then?
everyman
asl wrote:Doesn't Paul run a bouncy castle hire company? Could come up with a few ideas for some amusing half time entertainment!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That`s Paul Bounce, surely ?
asl
I'm not convinced I'm wrong... Him and his wife (Anna?) live opposite good friends of mine in Prestbury who know them well. Obviously, I know the family business...
longmover
paperboy wrote:...and their lorries royally p... me off when I drive to work in the mornings and they are parked both sides of the road stopping the flow of traffic.

..rant over .

Happy Easter everyone.

completely agree, they have a yard to turn / park their lorries but its filled with stock, just use the roads eh lads dont worry about anyone else, they've somehow got away with it as well as it seems to be accepted practise.
confused.com
Agree, they may as well remove the double yellow lines as the police seem to ignore it
andgarod
Horteng wrote:Would he if had to put £100k in the pot then?
I was told the going rate was £150K now but does he vote LD
Reliant Robin
Didn't we have a previous Director that tired of the adverse comments he got from this Forum, and then left the Club?

Doesn't seem like a great idea to start dissing a new Director.
Del Boy
How the Robins Nest works.

Welcome new director from local company who have sponsored club.

Yeah but his workers park their lorries on the road.
I know made me late for work.
Disgrace of a company that lot

This new bloke who is going to work for the club for free - how much money has he put in??
We need to know he's put the required cash in as I'd like a go at being director but neither have the cash or the skills - it's not fair.

etc etc etc
Ralph
Pretty much agree with that Del. Fans complain that the board needs a refresh..

The club work on it
New people, business owners, successful, new ideas... and yet

People still want to complain.. Nothing is ever quite good enough is it...

Paul welcome to the board. Good to have you around
Oldun
Agree with sentiments of last three posts and wonder if there isn't some way that the mods can control this personal negativity...or would that be unacceptable?
Ralph
We might lose 70% of the posters if we did that although there are times when it would make good sense
paperboy
Oldun wrote:Agree with sentiments of last three posts and wonder if there isn't some way that the mods can control this personal negativity...or would that be unacceptable?
..A bit like a police state do you mean? :-)

With hindsight I would re- post my original by saying...

Welcome to the board Paul it's good to have some fresh young blood which will help give new energy to the club......But BTW now that we're in the 21st century is using a prime development site in the centre of the town as a builders merchants such a great strategy.

:-)
confused.com
Let's hope he takes a slightly more light hearted approach than the thought police on here. Personally I would be more aggrived at the suggestion I rented out bouncy castles
Oldun
Perhaps the post should stop after the "welcome" Cannot see any point let alone any relevance in mentioning lorries in the town centre! Point scoring I suppose, but of no value to CTFC and disrespectful to the new man.
For my part, its "welcome Paul" and please ignore the small minded posters who want to have a go about something that is nothing to do with the Robins
paperboy
confused.com wrote:Let's hope he takes a slightly more light hearted approach than the thought police on here. Personally I would be more aggrived at the suggestion I rented out bouncy castles
Renting out bouncy castles is nothing to be ashamed of Confused...as long as your van doesn't block the road of course. :D

Probably time to move on from this topic now I guess.

Welcome Paul. !
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Let's hope he takes a slightly more light hearted approach than the thought police on here. Personally I would be more aggrived at the suggestion I rented out bouncy castles
I don't see how any businessman investing time and money in CTFC would see a personal attack on his business operation as "light hearted". Perhaps we should view your posts as comedy gold?

For "thought police" in your posting, I would urge other posters to read that as sensible people who don't want to see the Club shooting itself in the foot. Interesting use of the word "thought" though, is it something you practise? You should give it a go.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Irony is I bet the people on here moaning about lorries do illegal and inconsiderate things when driving all the time, such as speeding, using a mobile and failing to utilise indicators correctly on roundabouts. So they can be ignored.

Welcome Paul. Good to have another person on the board. Two new board members, no more groundshare and Gary in charge: moving in the right direction to build a squad for promotion to L1 by 2020.
confused.com
can see it now. Headlines in Echo Paul Bence pulls out of CTFC directorship because a couple of folk discuss traffic congestion - do get things into perspective RR, you continue to put way to much importance into what is said on here. I would guess the vast majority of people in Cheltenham don't know it even exists, let alone have their life swayed by what is said on it. However, nice to see you know your place in society re having influence allows a greater latitude

RCS - would like to think if anyone was observed speeding, using mobile phones while driving, they would be dealt with accordingly and yes that includes my good self (would never do the mobile phone usage, that is just pure stupidity). misuse of indicators ? May be irksome but not illegal.
Reliant Robin
We lost a previous Director because of ignorant people like you confused.com

Do your research - if you are capable - what goes on social media (e.g. this Forum) is searchable in search engines such as google and no-one of any standing wants their business, their name, their activities etc being subject to adverse comments made about them. You are digging a bigger hole for yourself by trying to defend your puerile postings. You are very ill-informed.

Edit: a search in google on "Robins Nest confused.com" straight away brings up your posting on NON FOOTY/JOKES

People looking for the names of our Directors will, when the web crawlers have has a short time to index the information, find the adverse comments made. Not good.