Grimsby

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Still our bitches 8-)
Robin
Mind boggling how they are above us in the league with that team, although I would take 2-3 of them here to be honest.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Still our bitches 8-)
And Pell made sure to let their fans know that!!
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
And Pell made sure to let their fans know that!!
:lol:
Shade
Brilliant. To be fair Robin, how many teams have looked that much better? Our lack of goalscoring has cost us in most games.
Shade
They were booing Pell because he used to play for them on loan (and was s#!t byball accounts) and they reckon he dived for the free kick that led to our first at WR last season.
Rulistening
Absolutely love Grimsby. Their fans are melts and they are forever 6 points for us.
Rulistening
Ben2 wrote:To avoid fixture back-log could we not just have the 6 points and a goal difference of plus 2 or 3 chalked up at the beginning of the season and then not bother with the actual match? I know its their cup final coming here but with barely 300 bothering we may as well skip the formalities and push on with the point-giving-coronation
Absolutely agree. Honestly they should just be fined for wasting our time sending a team on the field during our fixtures. Everyone knows the result
Shade
To be fair, they do occasionally beat us. I can't remember when, but it's just whenever we need to it's 3 points. Or promotion, if it's a play-off final.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rulistening wrote:
Ben2 wrote:To avoid fixture back-log could we not just have the 6 points and a goal difference of plus 2 or 3 chalked up at the beginning of the season and then not bother with the actual match? I know its their cup final coming here but with barely 300 bothering we may as well skip the formalities and push on with the point-giving-coronation
Absolutely agree. Honestly they should just be fined for wasting our time sending a team on the field during our fixtures. Everyone knows the result
Would save everyone a lot of bother. Last season Wright got harshly and unjustly banned after the fixture, and today he loses a tooth and their thug is banned - he won't play again this season.

None of this nonsense would happen if they just gave us the points.
Shade
Has he actually lost a tooth?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Has he actually lost a tooth?
Was hard to say whether it came out or was just loose. It bled a fair bit, and when he came off to the touch line he was either wobbling it with his tongue and finger, or putting his tongue and finger in the gap and was in pain. Before coming back on the pitch he spat something out - looked more like blood/spit than a tooth, so may it didn't actually come out and was just loose.
Shade
That's the referees mistake, Ben. From this season, the rules say you don't need to go off if a player has been carded for a foul. Clueless ref - what a surprise. Gav Crowe couldn't believe it and was asking the lino. But the lino was clueless as well judging by a couple of throws he gave Grimsby's way.
Malabus
I thought Grimsby were just a poor and average side. Look forward taking another 6 points next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I thought Grimsby were just a poor and average side. Look forward taking another 6 points next season.
Make it an all ticket 11am kick off next time just to p!ss them off even more. Pell can goad them before they've even digested breakfast.
Malabus
Malabus wrote:I thought Grimsby were just a poor and average side. Look forward taking another 6 points next season.
Make it an all ticket 11am kick off next time just to p!ss them off even more. Pell can goad them before they've even digested breakfast.

The fans on their forum are very bitter; this greatly pleases me.
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:

The fans on their forum are very bitter; this greatly pleases me.
From their forum:

"Cheltenham dived, elbowed and cheated as per the norm."

Bitter indeed! :lol:
CTFC03
Must say Manny and Boyle need to do less climbing, another ref today would have given them tonnes of free kicks, great overall performance, we are so close to survival!
Malabus
Johnsons Red Army wrote:The fans on their forum are very bitter; this greatly pleases me.
From their forum:

"Cheltenham dived, elbowed and cheated as per the norm."

Bitter indeed! :lol:[/quote]

Exactly.
Shade
Dived, elbowed and cheated :lol:

Literally can't remember a dive, even from Pell, or elbow, apart from the one where Wright must have smacked himself in the mouth and managed to blame it on their guy.

Bitches bitching and moaning as is their wont.
London Exile
They really are blinkered those fishy folk. Was it not their player that got sent off for a terrible and blatant elbow on Wright? I didn't see who it was, possibly Davies, but Stoz was prevented from getting up quickly to react to a loose ball a couple of times.
Pearson is a donkey who loves to use his elbows as well. I could go on.

Love it when we beat teams and they pi$$ and moan senseless about how 'unfair' things are.

Also glad we beat Slade after the way he messed us around over Dillon Phillips in the summer
little mo
Just had a look on the fishy. Jesus they hate us. :D :D
leohoenig
Shade wrote:That's the referees mistake, Ben. From this season, the rules say you don't need to go off if a player has been carded for a foul. Clueless ref - what a surprise. Gav Crowe couldn't believe it and was asking the lino. But the lino was clueless as well judging by a couple of throws he gave Grimsby's way.
I was not there, (see my blog for more details), but from one of the earlier posts, Wright was bleeding after the challenge, so while the referee does not have to send him to the touchline having given a card to his opponent, he does have to go off for treatment due to the blood.
Circa 1887
little mo wrote:Just had a look on the fishy. Jesus they hate us. :D :D
I've never really understood Grimsby's obsession with us, as from our perspective there is no rivalry to speak of - they're just another ten to a penny small northern team, fluttering around the lower leagues....the only difference being that they fit in to the 'delusions of grandeur' category that the likes of Crewe also inhabit.

We've been dross for the most part of the season...yet we've still taken 6 points off of them, easily. With fresh faces over the summer (no obligations to give the promotion team a 'chance'), a new pitch and no ground share....we'll be looking good.
Shade
leohoenig wrote:
Shade wrote:That's the referees mistake, Ben. From this season, the rules say you don't need to go off if a player has been carded for a foul. Clueless ref - what a surprise. Gav Crowe couldn't believe it and was asking the lino. But the lino was clueless as well judging by a couple of throws he gave Grimsby's way.
I was not there, (see my blog for more details), but from one of the earlier posts, Wright was bleeding after the challenge, so while the referee does not have to send him to the touchline having given a card to his opponent, he does have to go off for treatment due to the blood.
He had already been treated on the pitch. Nothing was done to him when he went off (he did spit out some blood, but he did that several times after going back on as well), he stood on the touchline for 3 or 4 seconds before being waved back on.
vickeryc
little mo wrote:Just had a look on the fishy. Jesus they hate us. :D :D
They certainly do. Much of that bitterness doubtless stems from losing the play-off final, which sparked their slide down to the Conference, and also their subsequent inability to get any points off us. They do have one point though, borne out of the 'arrogance' many clubs have towards relative newcomers to the FL.

Despite what some say on here, we are still a bit 'non-league' in certain respects, notably our modest and (generally) less-than-passionate support. Much as I'd love the club to have a sizeable and passionate fan base, it's hard to imagine that happening here anytime soon for anything other than the odd game. Many 'established' FL clubs seem to look down on us - much as they probably view the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet, Fleetwood and - dare I say - even Burton Albion. I sense that it would take many decades for a club like ours to be fully 'accepted' into the FL fold. Not that it really matters - we are who we are.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Grimsby still look down on Scunthorpe as being a smaller club.

Deluded.
Robin
That's a funny one VickeryC. I do agree that our support isn't great at times, especially in comparison with some clubs like Luton, Plymouth and Pompey etc. however if you went away last season it was pretty clear we are not quite "non-league". What I mean by that is our support was far more vocal than 90% of clubs last season where the atmosphere was like a morgue in fact only Wrexham, Lincoln, Grimsby and Aldershot made any real noise.

I also think we are well ahead of clubs like Crawley, Morecambe, Burton and Fleetwood who very much have that non-league feel about them. It's not just that those sides have no fans because Accrington can generate an atmosphere on tiny crowds it's a mentality thing.

If you look at clubs like Luton, Plymouth etc their away support has groups of men together having a few beers singing a few songs, our home support has that behind the goal in the C&G but the other sections of the ground don't mirror that being more families, OAPS and people more spread out.

I feel our support is better compared to the likes of Mansfield, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Wycombe, none of us have great vocal support and travel in modest numbers.
Del Boy
Burton are closer to the Premier League than they are us let alone non-league. Your statement really is ludicrous.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
To be fair, Robin did say it is about mentality not league position.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:To be fair, Robin did say it is about mentality not league position.
If anyone knows RCS personally, can they please give him a ring and let him know his Nest account appears to have been hacked? Ta!

;)
Robin
Del Boy wrote:Burton are closer to the Premier League than they are us let alone non-league. Your statement really is ludicrous.
We were talking about the atmosphere and general passion of fans, not league position. :o
everyman
I hear their sponsor is to bring out a new line " Chips on both shoulders and Pell filleted cod with the guts ripped out ?
Shade
Oh I bet The Fishy loves this :lol:

And that doesn't sound like FGR at all :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/396 ... name=sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;