12th man for £12

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
On Saturday: http://bit.ly/12thManFor12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry St Clair
Great gesture.

But I'm disappointed this offer is not extended to Hartlepool supporters. It seems a bit mean-spirited to restrict the offer to home areas only.

I know people will say the intention is to boost home supporter numbers and beef up the atmosphere, but Cheltenham fans are away supporters too and I really don't like club's exploiting partizan, them-and-us divisions.
Johnsons Red Army
That is the whole point though, to get a bigger CTFC crowd to help push the team over the line. I think it would be counter-productive if Hartlepool were allowed to do the same.
ctfc-fan
One day the club may just do something right.....
Si Robin
I agree with Jerry on this. We're very quick on here to criticise when teams have special days for their fans and don't extend the offer to away fans. I don't think a saving of £9 is going to make a difference to any Hartlepool fans. They could well be relegated this week, so those fans who are coming will be coming regardless. I think it paints the club in a poor light nationally when we do something like this.

Don't get me wrong, a fantastic gesture to the home fans, but there is literally no reason it can't be extended to away fans.
solihullkev
If the gesture has not been extended to Hartlepool fans then I think that is poor form. I can think of half a dozen occasions over the last 4 seasons or so when we have benefitted as away fans from similar schemes put on by our opponents.

Isn't there some rule that obliges home teams to treat away fans equally in these circs ? Why I question whether or not gesture has been extended.

We should do the right thing here.
horlickfanclub
I agree. Extend it to the away fans. We will make some of it up on catering commission and programme sales. A record of their last away Division 4 game.
Red Duke
solihullkev wrote:If the gesture has not been extended to Hartlepool fans then I think that is poor form. I can think of half a dozen occasions over the last 4 seasons or so when we have benefitted as away fans from similar schemes put on by our opponents.

Isn't there some rule that obliges home teams to treat away fans equally in these circs ? Why I question whether or not gesture has been extended.

We should do the right thing here.
I agree, The more fans that are encouraged to come will make it more like a play-off atmosphere.
Johnsons Red Army
Don't see the logic in encouraging more away fans, helping them raise the atmosphere in the away end and pushing their team on, when there is so much on the line.
kora
Most of the Hartlepool fans have probably bought in advance and the chaos of refunding them does not bear thinking about.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am conflicted: on the one hand, we want as many home fans as possible to outnumber away fans to favour CTFC. On the other, I have benefitted from Hartlepool's own discounts when they extended it to away fans - paid just 10 quid when we won there a few years ago.
Artemis
Now I thought there were rules governing ticket pricing, specifically that a club can't price equivalent accommodation differently for home and visiting supporter sections.
Oldun
How about this for a shocking reaction to the £12.00 deal?

"Well done the board for this great move on prices for Saturday!"
Shade
From what I can remember from a few seasons ago, home sides are allowed to run up to 3 offers for the home fans only per season. It might not be 3, but it is allowed. Obviously.

As kora said, I'd imagine Hartlepool have already sold quite a lot of tickets. No offence to their fans but this game is bigger than whether we come off in a good light or not. We need to put ourselves first on this occasion and sell as many home tickets as possible, preferably having as few away fans as possible. However, as it's the last game and Hartlepool have a history of big final day crowds, I'd imagine they will have quite a few anyway.

Our survival > play-off atmosphere/good game.
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote: No offence to their fans but this game is bigger than whether we come off in a good light or not. We need to put ourselves first on this occasion and sell as many home tickets as possible, preferably having as few away fans as possible.

Our survival > play-off atmosphere/good game.
Spot on.
andgarod
Pity the hadnt thought to give home fans the Hazelwood end as well
Then we could have made some noise while the away fans were in the Farker Stand

I suppose its to late now and also for ST renewals to be told they may be moved in 2017/18 season for big matches
Oh well thats what the trust is for - fans
Robin
Sorry the less Hartlepool fans who are there the better, they normally only bring 150 or so but with this being make or break for them I reckon they could bring as many as 500 regardless of a discount. We need to be more partisan here and think of ourselves.
Jerry St Clair
Robin wrote:Sorry the less Hartlepool fans who are there the better, they normally only bring 150 or so but with this being make or break for them I reckon they could bring as many as 500 regardless of a discount. We need to be more partisan here and think of ourselves.
Being "partisan" is one of the reasons unscrupulous clubs get away with treating supporters like dirt. I just think it's really myopic. Support your team for 90 mins, of course, but don't encourage a lack of hospitality to our visitors.

Fans United.

BTW. Why the assumption that fewer away fans equals better home support. In my experience, we're louder when there's a larger away support. Don't try and tell me that if Hartlepool turn up with 100 fans, the Prestbury Road end will suddenly sound like The Kop.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Robin wrote:Sorry the less Hartlepool fans who are there the better, they normally only bring 150 or so but with this being make or break for them I reckon they could bring as many as 500 regardless of a discount. We need to be more partisan here and think of ourselves.
Being "partisan" is one of the reasons unscrupulous clubs get away with treating supporters like dirt. I just think it's really myopic. Support your team for 90 mins, of course, but don't encourage a lack of hospitality to our visitors.

Fans United.

BTW. Why the assumption that fewer away fans equals better home support. In my experience, we're louder when there's a larger away support. Don't try and tell me that if Hartlepool turn up with 100 fans, the Prestbury Road end will suddenly sound like The Kop.
No but you may be able to hear them from half way in the In2P instead of being drowned out by the away fans as usual.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I hope sales are going well.

My only criticism is difficulty in buying these tickets. As stated in the official update on 12-4-12 (http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 90482.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the ticket office is open on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10am-3pm.

Everyone I know who may consider going will be at work, and are not going to go to the hassle of phoning and collecting.

10am-3pm is five hours of opening. On Thursday they could 4pm-7pm, which is only three hours so less cost to open, but I am sure they'd sell more tickets in that time.
andgarod
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I hope sales are going well.

My only criticism is difficulty in buying these tickets. As stated in the official update on 12-4-12 (http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 90482.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the ticket office is open on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10am-3pm.

Everyone I know who may consider going will be at work, and are not going to go to the hassle of phoning and collecting.

10am-3pm is five hours of opening. On Thursday they could 4pm-7pm, which is only three hours so less cost to open, but I am sure they'd sell more tickets in that time.
And there you have it
Thats where volunteers come in handy but the club knows best
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:Surely it will £12 on the gate :shock:
But then the risk of queues/being full/missing kick off, and not getting seats together/in your preferred area etc. The club seem to be encouraging people to buy in advance, but do not make that easy.

The online ticketing isn't selling tickets for this game.
andgarod
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ben2 wrote:Surely it will £12 on the gate :shock:
But then the risk of queues/being full/missing kick off, and not getting seats together/in your preferred area etc. The club seem to be encouraging people to buy in advance, but do not make that easy.

The online ticketing isn't selling tickets for this game.
I understand that has been the case for at least a week since some overseas friends tried to purchase
I had to go in person on Tuesday
CTFCofficial
Hi guys,

Just a quick correction. Tickets are definitely on sale for Saturday's game, here is the link:

http://ct1.glitnirticketing.com/ctticke ... v_list.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will be great to see as many of you there as possible.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My mistake. Thanks for the correct link.

COYR
defensivestriker
Having not bought tickets online before, what is the process with collecting them? Do they have to be collected from the ticket office or are they print at home?

Just trying to work out whether it will be quicker to buy online if the queues are going to be big tomorrow.

Thanks!
Robin
I may be wildly long but if we are expecting a modest crowd of 4000 no way will the queues be big. That only seems to be an issue when crowds are 5500+.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
defensivestriker wrote:Having not bought tickets online before, what is the process with collecting them? Do they have to be collected from the ticket office or are they print at home?

Just trying to work out whether it will be quicker to buy online if the queues are going to be big tomorrow.

Thanks!
For the In2P you collect from a collection point next to the turnstiles for that ground from 1.30pm onwards. Give your name and postcode and they give you the tickets. You can then, either straight away or after a pint in Parklands, go in the 'ticket holders only' turnstile / doors without needing to queue at the cash turnstiles.

Usually works quite well.
Shade
Tickets for the Colin Farmer Stand (In2P) are not being sold on the day as they're expected to have sold out, so you would have to buy those in advance anyway. Picking them up at the collection point is usually quicker than buying on the gate anyway, even if there isn't a queue.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Tickets for the Colin Farmer Stand (In2P) are not being sold on the day as they're expected to have sold out, so you would have to buy those in advance anyway. Picking them up at the collection point is usually quicker than buying on the gate anyway, even if there isn't a queue.
Blocks 7 & 8 are not for sale online. Any idea whether they can be bought in the ticket office, or whether they'll be closed/empty/away fans?
Shade
Haven't seen anything about it but assume it will be either empty for "segregation" or there will be some away fans in there. Or they might open them up for sale tomorrow if all the other seats are sold out...maybe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Updates from club official Twitter at about 2.20pm on Friday:

"We've now sold over 2,200 tickets for tomorrow's crunch match, almost three times as many as usual!"

"There are very few seats left but plenty of terrace tickets. There will be no seat sales on the turnstiles - ticket office only"
Shade
According to the OS this evening:
• Over 2,300 tickets have been sold for tomorrow's crunch match against Hartlepool United at the LCI Rail Stadium (3pm kick-off). Admission to all home areas has been reduced to £12, and tickets are selling at three times the normal rate. There are a few seats left but you won't be able to pay for these at ticket office only (not turnstiles). There are plenty of terracing tickets available on the day.

Read more at http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... IEGFmch.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So with ST holders we're talking around 3800, + away fans and pay on the dayers. Should hit 4500. Assuming all ST holders turn up.
Shame about the typo in the second-to-last sentence...
Jerry St Clair
Doesn't the 2300 tickets sold include season ticket holders?
The Old TomCat
Good luck CTFC.