GJ health update

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/GJHealthUpdate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reliant Robin
Thanks for the update Jon.

Let's hope Gary is back to full fitness as soon as possible, we all miss him.
Shade
Sad news. Definitely be better for him away from the game this Saturday, though!
paperboy
...well.sounds as if Gary is in the best place- we all take our health for granted and are sometimes too casual with it and just assume the medics will sort us out, but that's not always the case.
Priority is yourself Gary not the robins -we're just a football team.
London Exile
I hope that we secure the result we need on Saturday that ensures FL survival and then GJ can relax and fully rest then.
I sincerely hope we see him bouncing around the training ground fully fit for pre season
Shade
Pure speculation, but anybody else feel that GJ, having not signed his contract yet, may move to a Director of Football kind of position next season, if he's not fit enough to be on the touchline? Basically, it would keep the set up as it is now, but with GJ doing the business and giving his expertise, but with Russ being Head Coach and managing the team? We'd keep GJ's expertise and contacts without him having as much stress on match day?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Pure speculation, but anybody else feel that GJ, having not signed his contract yet, may move to a Director of Football kind of position next season, if he's not fit enough to be on the touchline? Basically, it would keep the set up as it is now, but with GJ doing the business and giving his expertise, but with Russ being Head Coach and managing the team? We'd keep GJ's expertise and contacts without him having as much stress on match day?
Interesting. In his interview this week GJ did say how he was getting ready to, over the summer, build a team to do well in L2, though didn't say as Manager per se, so who knows, could be DoF.

I feel Russ would then need an experienced number two to work with him.
CTFC03
No offence to RM I think he's a solid number 2 but if we go with him we will be going down, he is not somebody that can motivate and demand excellence from the players, we would need to look elsewhere whether that be an experienced manager with promotion credentials or a young upcoming manager.
Robin
Please god no, it's obvious Russ is not up to it as a manager.
Artemis
Aaron Downes as manager, Russ as assistant and Gary as DoF.

P.S. Does anyone else find the term 'solid number 2' at all amusing?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Aaron Downes as manager, Russ as assistant and Gary as DoF.

I do!!
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:Aaron Downes as manager, Russ as assistant and Gary as DoF.

I do!!
Why? :D