New Board.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Is it a coincidence that since the 3 new directors have joined, the club seems to be more pro-active,especially with publicity and the 12th.man campaign.Long may it continue.
FOD_Wyman_2010
Possibly. My thought was that we budgeted very tightly for the income from gates and there was no room to reduce prices as it didn't generate enough extra support to break even.

This is likely a decision to take a loss on the game to try and get more support and the desired result. Even if the playing budget gets a bit of a knock for next season, the cost of relegation is approaching half a million so definitely worth a small gamble. It might even break even on standard prices if loads were to take it up.
Shade
Well, from what I can tell the club is making more money this weekend. The most expensive ticket was what, £21? And this week they're selling for £12; £9 cheaper.
I'm no mathematician but even I can work out that if you then sell more than double the usual tickets (as we were told a couple of days ago) but are charging over half of the usual price, you're making more money.

A good win tomorrow and we might get some coming back more regularly next season but I doubt dropping the price more often would work, it's mainly just because this is a big game.
FOD_Wyman_2010
Think the double might have just been advanced ticket sales Shade rather than double the overall amount. That said, hopefully you are spot on and we can get a big crowd and make some money.
Robin
No way we get double a normal attendance tomorrow that would be almost 6000 home fans, I'd guess we will get around 4000 home fans plus a maximum of 300 from Pools. Without the reduced tickets we would have probably got around 3500 being the last home game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Let's see what the attendance is.

Interestingly, looking online, most of the In2P is sold out with just single seats available,apart from the fact Blocks 7 & 8 say they cannot be sold online.

Will these blocks be open for sale on the day, I wonder? Or just closed/empty?

Be a shame if it is the latter as lack of seats together may have put groups off coming.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 28 Apr 2017, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
I remember the last time we did this and we had a crowd of 6000 against Brighton but that was back in league one, would be nice to get 5000 tomorrow but the seats have not even sold out which usually happens in advance for big crowds.
Shade
No no no, I didn't say double the crowd, I'm on about double sales. ST's aren't included in that and there are how many of those, 1500? So add that to the 1500 that had been sold 2 days ago, add on what's been sold since, and add Hartlepool into it and I'm thinking we'll have about 4-4500. I've no idea how many the Pools are bringing. Some of it will also come down to how many find themselves at a loose end tomorrow afternoon and what the weather is like...which is looking a bit better than they said a day or two ago.
Robin
It seems there are only 40 seats left so there is 3000 home fans right there, yet another reminder why we need a new 3000+ main stand with state of the art facilities at the earliest.
andgarod
why because we are in a relegation battle and reduced prices on a bank holiday
hmmmmm
horlickfanclub
Who was that lady who said "spend spend spend"?
Red Duke
horlickfanclub wrote:Who was that lady who said "spend spend spend"?
Viv Nicholson in winning the pools in 1960's.
Robin
5000 home fans today, not too shabby given the season we've had.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:5000 home fans today, not too shabby given the season we've had.
Hopefully a good start next season and some of them will come back.

Good turn out, but quite funny the Brownies in the family stand could be heard louder in the In2P than any other home fans!
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Good turn out, but quite funny the Brownies in the family stand could be heard louder in the In2P than any other home fans!
how do you know? Were you sat with them?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

how do you know? Were you sat with them?
Nope. They were the other side of the pitch in the main stand. I was in the In2P. Hence knowing they could be heard loudly in the In2P.
Ralph
So you were observing the brownies from a distance then
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:So you were observing the brownies from a distance then
No. Just could hear them as very audible. We thought it was the Lakeside FC group but when they sang a traditional Scouts/Guides song and we saw the leader stood up directing them.

Both Lakeside FC and the Brownies were in the pre-match Flying Squad.
Robin
It was an odd one today, atmosphere was so poor today Hartlepool fans very quiet apart from just before kick off, C&G did the usual but rest of the home fans very quiet. We never looked like losing but I did think the home fans could have got behind the team a bit more than they did.
paperboy
Robin wrote:It was an odd one today, atmosphere was so poor today Hartlepool fans very quiet apart from just before kick off, C&G did the usual but rest of the home fans very quiet. We never looked like losing but I did think the home fans could have got behind the team a bit more than they did.
Yes,fair play to the C&G choir they did well today,but in all honesty although the result was the priority there wasn't too much to get excited about otherwise.

Notice we all refer to the Ssangyong Auto Village stand as either the C&G or simply the PRE.
Personally I'd really have to think hard to name all the various sponsors that we have.
Jerry St Clair
Minor quibble, but I went to get a beer at half time in the PRE only to be deterred by the enormous queue. And others around me returned empty handed.

The club missed a trick here today. They could have invited a couple of mobile catering units in for whatever a pitch costs (£Couple of hundred?). Easy money, surely.