Blackpool

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Suspend ticket sales to Orient fans for Saturday, supported by EFL.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oyston is prize Jeremy Hunt. He obviously thinks there will be enough protests from Blackpool fans without Orient fans doing the same.
longmover
The support from the EFL is a major concern
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:The support from the EFL is a major concern
Last thing EFL want is a repeat of Saturday's chaos. Orient fans made their bed so they can bloody well lie in it.

"I know I refused to leave the pitch until the police made me and said the game was abandoned but let me come to the next match". Give over. Pathetic.
longmover
So if they stop fans on the basis they may invade the pitch in protest, then they have to stop (certain) away fans attending on the basis they caused (previous) trouble at such and such a ground, its a very dangerous line they have crossed.

Why cant blackpool manage the situation by sticking away fans in the top corner of a stand surrounded by stewards and if be police? If blackpool didnt have a sniff of the playoffs would this scenario be an issue?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:So if they stop fans on the basis they may invade the pitch in protest, then they have to stop (certain) away fans attending on the basis they caused (previous) trouble at such and such a ground, its a very dangerous line they have crossed.

Why cant blackpool manage the situation by sticking away fans in the top corner of a stand surrounded by stewards and if be police? If blackpool didnt have a sniff of the playoffs would this scenario be an issue?
Games in Europe and Euuropean competitions are often played behind closed doors to punish teams for their fans unacceptable behaviour.

I do agree with you that it is unprecedented in England and it could be managed as you suggest.

But then what happened at Brisbane Rd was unprecedented as well.

Orient fans have made their point. Would have been nice if they made it two or three years ago when it would have prevented the current mess. Hope they get it sorted out soon.

Anyway. Moot point now. EFL confirm Os will get 1,000 tickets:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... on-support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;