New EFL radio rights: Talksport

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The terms of the agreements include:

talkSPORT
  • Non-exclusive rights to score flash updates across all three EFL Sky Bet divisions, the Carabao Cup and the Checkatrade Trophy.

Exclusive live commentary rights to up 110 EFL fixtures, with up to a maximum of 92 Championship fixtures

Exclusive live commentary rights for all matches included within the EFL Play-Offs across all three divisions

Non-exclusive right to transmit live match commentary of Carabao Cup matches throughout the competition, including the final

Exclusive rights to transmit live match commentary from Checkatrade Trophy matches

BBC
  • Non-exclusive rights to score flash updates across all three EFL Sky Bet divisions, the Carabao Cup and the Checkatrade Trophy.

Non-exclusive right to transmit live match commentary of Carabao Cup matches throughout the competition, including the final.

The EFL’s existing agreements with BBC and talkSPORT are due to expire following the completion of this season’s Sky Bet Play-Offs.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/ef ... 24795.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Artemis
Great, but that doesn't tell me whether BBC Radio Glos can broadcast our matches from next season.....anyone know whether that is still the case? (I loathe TalkSport)
Shade
What the f is the Carabao Cup? New name for the League Cup?
Artemis
Yes, its an energy drink.....another one.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Great, but that doesn't tell me whether BBC Radio Glos can broadcast our matches from next season.....anyone know whether that is still the case? (I loathe TalkSport)
As far as I know, that is unchanged in terms of local coverage.

I like you shall not be tuning into national broadcasts on Talksport. A vile radio station.
joes dad
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:Great, but that doesn't tell me whether BBC Radio Glos can broadcast our matches from next season.....anyone know whether that is still the case? (I loathe TalkSport)

I like you shall not be tuning into national broadcasts on Talksport. A vile radio station.
Started listening again now that idiot Colin [all about me] Murray has left.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Started listening again now that idiot Colin [all about me] Murray has left.
I like CM. So pleased he is back home in the Fighting Talk studio. Felt he was a traitor for going to TS.

Adrian Durham is horrid. And their in play SkyBet advertising where once respected pro commentators weave odds and adverts into their commentary.
longmover
Darren Gough can do one as well, typical loudmouth from south yorkshire, come to think of it 5live has dumbed down recently with those two morons savage and flintoff being given prime time to talk utter nonsense.