I will take that

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
50 points going into the last game and safe, I will take that

Might make the 51pts the first target
Luckily 3 or 4 teams worse than us
No creator in midfield, nothing on the wings
Waters get your head up and pass and pass and pass
How do you play Wrighty Holman and Waters in the same team

Thank you to the loans Manny Scotty , also Tin and Kyle

I will be back next season when the first target is 51 and the second is 84 and promotion
Get well soon Gary and thank you
Shade
Echo all of that. If Billy didn't run down so many blind alleys and then twist and turn himself into losing the ball he could be playing Championship football.
Rulistening
One of the worst games ive ever seen.. but at the same time one of the best! awful football but what a result today was.

As for todays game we seriously lacked a midfield today- far too much sitting back and inviting pressure, they were walking all over us at times in creating chances its just lucky they were worse.

Waters has a serious issue in liking to turn at silly moments but he is still a brilliant player, just needs to to work a bit on passing as he gets very "distracted" of sorts when it comes to chances as he wants to be the one who does it.

Dan Holman for me needs to improve and im hoping the full pre season helps him.. but from what ive seen at home games he seems a bit lost- not the dan holman from last year, just a lot more desperate and cant win anything, bit lazy etc.

Also im fully aware this is an unpopular opinion but I really didn't like Manny. Seemed an utter oaf during all the games in terms of giving it away, switching off and at times lacking quality (the air swing a few weeks ago springs to mind) Id really prefer we didn't get him next year he just seems to invite pressure onto us with stupid mistakes. Hoping O'shaughnessy gets a better run in next season with boyle (who is up there with signing of the season.. Absolutely sensational in bringing our defence together and with scotty at the back kept us up)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is angarod retiring 51/84?
Reliant Robin
There was one loan who has stood out for me greater than anyone, and he was the signing of the season:

Scott Brown.

My thanks got to Scotty, and to Wycombe Wanderers. Scotty kept us up. No doubt about it.
asl
Shade wrote:If Billy didn't run down so many blind alleys and then twist and turn himself into losing the ball he could be playing Championship football.
[cough] Martin Devaney. [/cough]
horlickfanclub
Devaney could stay wide and beat a man either side Billy has an allergy to white paint.
Jerry St Clair
Rulistening wrote: Also im fully aware this is an unpopular opinion but I really didn't like Manny. Seemed an utter oaf during all the games in terms of giving it away, switching off and at times lacking quality (the air swing a few weeks ago springs to mind)
I generally like him, but yesterday he was all over the place. Seems a little raw. But, he's young and central defence is the one position where experience counts for a lot. He can only get better and I think he has the attributes to become a pretty decent, maybe Championship level, defender.
cheltsaxon
Correct about Manny look at the goals conceeded against Blackpool he came out 2-3 times leaving the back line and failed to win ball leading to goals he's very raw! Rowe was awful yesterday counted 5 times he didnt look just hoofed the ball they either went out of play or to a Hartlepool player, Cranston was terrible first touch was a ball out of ground the rest was comedy, Waters and Wright done what they could, the two stand out players for me this season alongside Brown who kept us in game some great saves! Relived this season is over and hoping a big clearout and get some wingers and creative midfielders in or use the one we have abandoned Munns next season!
Shade
Manny has enough natural ability to get through at this level against the poorer teams, which is what we've needed. Some of his tackling has been outstanding, but he's prone to switching off or making a bad decision every now and then, I think.
asl
Shade wrote:he's prone to switching off or making a bad decision every now and then, I think.
I'm pretty sure that criticism can be levelled at John Terry, Tony Adams and Bobby Moore, too.
Shade
Yep, he's exactly the same as them. Except you wouldn't find it happening to them 2 or 3 times a game. Maybe once a month. Consistency, as so often, is the difference between the top and lower league players.