Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 14:25 
Offline

Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 10:23
Posts: 754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40632879

Other footie really but could we help fund improvements to the (whatever it is now called) terrace at the Prestbury Road end maybe ?

Just a thought ?


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 15:38 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I see they have a Football Foundation grant.

As I remember from past club statements, those grants are only available for cantilever design stands/terraces. And we can't build one at that end of the ground due to the stream/culvert.

Better to focus on raising money for a new main stand.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 16:16 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I see they have a Football Foundation grant.

As I remember from past club statements, those grants are only available for cantilever design stands/terraces. And we can't build one at that end of the ground due to the stream/culvert.

Better to focus on raising money for a new main stand.


I don't understand the argument about the culvert /stream. If man can build a bridge over the Severn estuary then surely he is quite capable of building a stand across a little culvert/stream in Whaddon.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 16:19 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 10678
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Given that our new stand is likely to cost in the region of £5million I'm not sure fan donations will make that much of a dent but no reason why we cannot participate once we have a plan.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 16:35 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 677
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Better to see such a grant going towards some new forwards :) !


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 17:23 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I see they have a Football Foundation grant.

As I remember from past club statements, those grants are only available for cantilever design stands/terraces. And we can't build one at that end of the ground due to the stream/culvert.

Better to focus on raising money for a new main stand.


I don't understand the argument about the culvert /stream. If man can build a bridge over the Severn estuary then surely he is quite capable of building a stand across a little culvert/stream in Whaddon.


I don't know. I am not an engineer - just repeating what the club have stated in the past. I assume because of the way cantilevers are built. A non-cantilever stand is possible to build over the stream, but these are not eligible for Football Foundation grants.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 17:42 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I see they have a Football Foundation grant.

As I remember from past club statements, those grants are only available for cantilever design stands/terraces. And we can't build one at that end of the ground due to the stream/culvert.

Better to focus on raising money for a new main stand.


I don't understand the argument about the culvert /stream. If man can build a bridge over the Severn estuary then surely he is quite capable of building a stand across a little culvert/stream in Whaddon.


I don't know. I am not an engineer - just repeating what the club have stated in the past. I assume because of the way cantilevers are built. A non-cantilever stand is possible to build over the stream, but these are not eligible for Football Foundation grants.


It sounds to me an excuse to avoid doing something dressed up as 3B's.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 17:45 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1100
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I see they have a Football Foundation grant.

As I remember from past club statements, those grants are only available for cantilever design stands/terraces. And we can't build one at that end of the ground due to the stream/culvert.

Better to focus on raising money for a new main stand.


I don't understand the argument about the culvert /stream. If man can build a bridge over the Severn estuary then surely he is quite capable of building a stand across a little culvert/stream in Whaddon.

It`s not an engineering problem,more a financial one !


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 11:06 
Offline

Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 17:40
Posts: 276
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I don't believe Football Foundation grants are available for terraces at all? Morecambe had to fund their stadium entirely without grants because it has terracing, IIRC.

Does the new stand remove the last bit of terracing at Stevenage? If so, I absolutely don't understand why their fans would support this. I firmly believe supporters should have the option of standing at football matches.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 12:34 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Jerry St Clair wrote:
I don't believe Football Foundation grants are available for terraces at all? Morecambe had to fund their stadium entirely without grants because it has terracing, IIRC.

Does the new stand remove the last bit of terracing at Stevenage? If so, I absolutely don't understand why their fans would support this. I firmly believe supporters should have the option of standing at football matches.


I completely agree. I hope that WR never becomes all-seater.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 13:55 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 10678
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I'd prefer to keep a terrace behind the goal but believe we need more seats so the new main stand (hopefully 3000+) must be all seater.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 13:59 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 1995
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Who will sit in those seats?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 14:45 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 10678
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
horlickfanclub wrote:
Who will sit in those seats?


Ours fans Horlick :roll: :roll: We have sold out home seating on a reasonably regular basis to clearly justify we need more availability for bigger games.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 15:12 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
horlickfanclub wrote:
Who will sit in those seats?


3,000 people when we have a big Cup game etc.

3,000 when there is a big away following.

2,000 when we have a big league game.

1,500 when we have a normal league game.

Your point?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: New stand ... start saving
 Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 18:46 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8198
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I hope our stadium becomes all-seater when we're in the Premier League, before safe standing is rolled out :P


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: