What will the effect be on STs

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
So no one expected us to win yesterday ( apart from RCS)

That said what will the effect of yesterday have on STs. A 3 or 4 -0 defeat would have been expected. 6-1 sounds like a spanking and by all accounts was. So where does that leave the club

I suspect most ST are sold during the early bird offer.
So we will not know who our marquee signings are before the early bird closes

When we see the release list that may encourage a few more to take a risk on a ST, the faithful will already have signed up

I suspect some will wait and see how we do and then plump for a half season ticket if we are mid table or better
The coming season will be as big a season as any we have had in the last 20

New board but is there any new money?. How much did Newport spend on their players to avoid relegation?
What happens off the pitch is as important as that on
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No effect. Season ended last week.
Robin
It sounds fickle but my motivation to get a season ticket is pretty low at the moment and I am either Cranston or Rowe getting new deals. I need hope we will have a good season right now to be frank.
ThelmaChen
Where do I get a season ticket application form from?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ThelmaChen wrote:Where do I get a season ticket application form from?
Information and form available for download here:

http://www.ctfc.com/tickets/season-tickets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
London Exile
How many STs did we sell this season?

I'll be renewing both of ours and I've got faith that the management team will have us ready for preseason.
The only one that worries me is Cranston as he seems to have the staff mesmerised.
Rowe seems to be the current boo boy but I'm not as bothered as most it would seem if he's kept on. That said I'd have Munns ahead of him everyday.
Robin
I think the total was 1200 or so, I doubt we will match that this year though, 1000 tops.
Nham68
There is a lot of glass half empty here : reasons to be positive...

Squatters gone. We will get a decent pitch back, and with that, better football.
We have a great manager.
New directors.
Financially stable / on sound footing .
Opportunity to really freshen things up.
We survived !

This season has been a write off due to a number of factors - that's not excuses... I don't think it's because we were a totally sh*t team, more that several factors came together (including poor recruitment , and the gaffer standing by his word to take every player from the vanarama team). Early signs are the gaffer knows he needs to cut a lot loose ..we have a core of 7-8 great players to build upon..., so let's back him with decent season ticket sales...
Malabus
I get a ST whatever happens, but I must admit I find it hard to get up and visit the ticket office, no real motivation.
Benctfc
I think a lot will depend on the released list and who we bring in. If we retain players like Cranston and Rowe players clearly poor at this level then many will be put off. A lot will also want to see more established players at this level signed rather than unknown youngsters personally think we will sell 800-1000 probably 20% down on the previous year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Personally, I don't see this summer as any different to Summer 2015/2016.

There we had come off the back of a dire season, with Gary Johnson at the helm knowing a rebuild of the club is needed, with the Board committed to supporting him to do that.

With the new directors and the groundshare over, there is even more off the pitch impetus this time round in my opinion.

We backed Gary to do the business and build a promotion side first time round, and I for one will be backing him to do the same second time round.
theidlerich
I would be very disappointed to hear that as many as 10 current players would be retained. At the end of last season we should have 'refreshed' the squad by offloading 50/60% . I for one thought that giving the squad a chance, however laudable, was a foolish managerial decision. We have been extremely lucky to stay in the league. News of departures, most, including DW, may persuade me to renew my ST. If too many are retained, even for bench fodder, e.g. Rowe, Cranston, Danny Wright, Munns, etc then I'l give it a miss - Bt or Sky will pick our ST equivalent.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:
I for one thought that giving the squad a chance, however laudable, was a foolish managerial decision.
That is the managerial decision which got us promoted. Promising players if they got us up they'd have a chance is what ensured we got the right type of players in and that they fought for the cause.

I for one believe that if such a managerial strategy had not been used we wouldn't have got up. And getting up was vital and the decision delivered that promotion.
horlickfanclub
I will be buying a season ticket and looking forward to a midtable finish with a good cup run next season. That is realistic or even a bit optimistic. Games against Swindon,Forest Green and Newport should provide some atmosphere and groundshare can no longer be an excuse so this board should spark up a bit.
theidlerich
Ben2 do not take umbrage at posters; after all wysiwyg! Some are doom-mongerers, some are reasoned, some daft and some verbose for the sake of it [mentioning no names RCS!! ;)]. Your comments are just as important as anyone else's and just as pertinent. This is a cricitical time for CTFC and the squad formation for 2017/8 is crictical; not all will agree on who to keep and who to release. I for one would retain Barts, but give DW the boot as he is clearly not skillful, or quick enough at this level despite being a genuine 'club man'. Harsh, but this is a cut-throat business and sentiment ought not to come into it!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:Ben2 do not take umbrage at posters; after all wysiwyg! Some are doom-mongerers, some are reasoned, some daft and some verbose for the sake of it [mentioning no names RCS!! ;)]. Your comments are just as important as anyone else's and just as pertinent. This is a cricitical time for CTFC and the squad formation for 2017/8 is crictical; not all will agree on who to keep and who to release. I for one would retain Barts, but give DW the boot as he is clearly not skillful, or quick enough at this level despite being a genuine 'club man'. Harsh, but this is a cut-throat business and sentiment ought not to come into it!
I agree with completely, by which I mean I agree there is no room for sentiment and that it is critical the manager is cut-throat.

Gary knows the importance of signing not just the right quality of player but also the right type of player in terms of fitness, endeavour and application.

This is why Barts may be off. It has been apparent Gary has not at all been satisfied with his fitness levels. And if a player cannot go full-pelt for 90 mins then they are not the right type.

Fitness is the main reason last season we scored so many late goals to win dull games, whilst this season we have conceded so many.

The last few weeks we have seen fitness of some improve (Wright still running after 75 mins even if not League fit, Davis getting match fit) and the need for 90 mins of running is why we have seen the fittest players (Rowe, Cranston) play so much despite some fans disliking them.

Pell really stepped up his fitness during the last three months, and was able to step up his impact. Billy to is in top shape. All the rest need to spend the summer getting their stamina and intensity up to professional standard.
andgarod
RCS you dont half talk some boll88ks
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:RCS you dont half talk some boll88ks
Are you saying you don't thInk high fitness levels are important?
Shade
Thought I'd try here before bugging anyone at the ticket office - Anyone filled out their ST form yet that can tell me what the "Your Login" and "Customer No." boxes are about? It says they're required to be filled in but I haven't got a clue what with.
andgarod
The last couple of tickets that I bought (ie hartlepool) the receipt ticket thing had a customer number on it
The chap beside was asking the same question but they said dont nother but you would be better checking with the ticket office directly
You can checkout how many have been sold and update us
andgarod
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
theidlerich wrote:Ben2 do not take umbrage at posters; after all wysiwyg! Some are doom-mongerers, some are reasoned, some daft and some verbose for the sake of it [mentioning no names RCS!! ;)]. Your comments are just as important as anyone else's and just as pertinent. This is a cricitical time for CTFC and the squad formation for 2017/8 is crictical; not all will agree on who to keep and who to release. I for one would retain Barts, but give DW the boot as he is clearly not skillful, or quick enough at this level despite being a genuine 'club man'. Harsh, but this is a cut-throat business and sentiment ought not to come into it!
I agree with completely, by which I mean I agree there is no room for sentiment and that it is critical the manager is cut-throat.

Gary knows the importance of signing not just the right quality of player but also the right type of player in terms of fitness, endeavour and application.

This is why Barts may be off. It has been apparent Gary has not at all been satisfied with his fitness levels. And if a player cannot go full-pelt for 90 mins then they are not the right type.

Fitness is the main reason last season we scored so many late goals to win dull games, whilst this season we have conceded so many.

The last few weeks we have seen fitness of some improve (Wright still running after 75 mins even if not League fit, Davis getting match fit) and the need for 90 mins of running is why we have seen the fittest players (Rowe, Cranston) play so much despite some fans disliking them.

Pell really stepped up his fitness during the last three months, and was able to step up his impact. Billy to is in top shape. All the rest need to spend the summer getting their stamina and intensity up to professional standard.
I think the Pell resurgence was more to do with being moved to RM being relieved of the captians armband and told not to get booked
As the ground dried out Bill was running faster with confidence, similarly Wright was playing for a contract - so very little in fitness levels but other reasons why they stepped up
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Thought I'd try here before bugging anyone at the ticket office - Anyone filled out their ST form yet that can tell me what the "Your Login" and "Customer No." boxes are about? It says they're required to be filled in but I haven't got a clue what with.
I buy on-line as my ST details are saved when I log-in to my customer account, so the log-in and number are to do with that.

No idea why it's on the paper forms though!!
Shade
Cheers both.
bigdavejambo
club not selling flexi-tickets either next season :(
horlickfanclub
Flexi tickets should be sold and heavily promoted.They are an excellent option for people who study or are away part of the year or people who cannot come in freezing weather for health or transport reasons.The current promotions are looking good but abandoning flexi tickets is a poor decision.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Flexi tickets should be sold and heavily promoted.They are an excellent option for people who study or are away part of the year or people who cannot come in freezing weather for health or transport reasons.The current promotions are looking good but abandoning flexi tickets is a poor decision.
One to raise with Mr Toms?