atmosphere for next season..

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Blakey 9
Let's try and get the atmosphere how it was around 10 years ago when we use to sing non stop behind the home end. I remember when use to belt out red army for a good 20 minutes straight and when I mean "we" I mean all the home
End. I'll admit our atmosphere isn't as good as it use to be but for big games we create such a good atmosphere.. So why can't we do it for every home
Game next season !?

also are we allowed to hang flags down behind the goal ? let's make Whaddon road how it use to be with the atmosphere... We still can !
Malabus
Depends on the soccer served up.
The standard of soccer on the pitch was utter dire last season that even the jolliest person couldn't be arsed to create an atmosphere.
Jerry St Clair
There is a direct correlation between supporter demographic and atmosphere. Basically, you need an end full of teenage/20 something lads. I don't know what the average age of the Prestbury Road Ender is, but I'd be surprised if it isn't 40-something.

Not specifically a Cheltenham problem, one for football* in general.

*Not just football. I went to the egg-chasing a few weeks ago with a friend who hadn't been to kingsholm for 15 years. He remarked that the Shed is far less raucous than it used to be. I'd venture that £32 match tickets have something to do with that.
everyman
Blakey 9 wrote:Let's try and get the atmosphere how it was around 10 years ago when we use to sing non stop behind the home end. I remember when use to belt out red army for a good 20 minutes straight and when I mean "we" I mean all the home
End. I'll admit our atmosphere isn't as good as it use to be but for big games we create such a good atmosphere.. So why can't we do it for every home
Game next season !?

also are we allowed to hang flags down behind the goal ? let's make Whaddon road how it use to be with the atmosphere... We still can !
Move the roof back to the fence that will help the sound level.
leohoenig
I expect the atmosphere for next season to be 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, 0.9% Nitrogen, 0.038% Carbon Dioxide, with a few trace gases as well
asl
leohoenig wrote:I expect the atmosphere for next season to be 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, 0.9% Nitrogen, 0.038% Carbon Dioxide, with a few trace gases as well
So 78.9% nitrogen, then...?
leohoenig
I hope someone while come up with the correct gas!
Coops
leohoenig wrote:I hope someone while come up with the correct gas!
Always seems to be quite a lot of methane produced.
everyman
Blakey 9 wrote:Let's try and get the atmosphere how it was around 10 years ago when we use to sing non stop behind the home end. I remember when use to belt out red army for a good 20 minutes straight and when I mean "we" I mean all the home
Game next season !?

We wont have the toxic smell of glos.around at least.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We are at war next season. Upstarts in Nailsworth will be trying to claim the title of the Best in Gloucestershire. We must show on and off the pitch that CTFC do and always rule supreme not just in Gloucestershire, but also the Three Choirs and Monmouthshie.

If the threat of Vince and FGR does not get our fans going, nothing will.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We are at war next season. Upstarts in Nailsworth will be trying to claim the title of the Best in Gloucestershire. We must show on and off the pitch that CTFC do and always rule supreme not just in Gloucestershire, but also the Three Choirs and Monmouthshie.

We must do every thing to make sure our results are better than theirs or the media will ignore us completely,even the Echo will jump on the village caravan.
If the Echo do give them preference i will never buy it again. :x
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well said Everyman. Vince will try and buy Echo support. We must perform on and off the pitch to counter this. Winning at The New Lawn in front of 2,000 travelling Robins is essential.
ctfc-fan
I can't wait to see the atmosphere when Swindon turn up at their place. If Stale Vince tries his little ticketing and seating games on clubs like hat I think their could be trouble...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Swindon mob will smash up the New Lawn.
horlickfanclub
That post above from Regency should be removed. Its nothing to do with football or fact.
MSB
Shame that a post about our support and improving on our atmosphere has turned into another thread about FGR. Are we getting a bit obsessed?
Reginald
everyman wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We are at war next season. Upstarts in Nailsworth will be trying to claim the title of the Best in Gloucestershire. We must show on and off the pitch that CTFC do and always rule supreme not just in Gloucestershire, but also the Three Choirs and Monmouthshie.

We must do every thing to make sure our results are better than theirs or the media will ignore us completely,even the Echo will jump on the village caravan.
If the Echo do give them preference i will never buy it again. :x
I'd be appalled if the Echo gives FGR preference, as the Stroud area is Citizen territory.
Shade
atmosphere next season:
f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green,f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green, f#!$ Forest Green.

Repeat for 90 minutes x46.