Premium games

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
I trust we will not be seeing any premium games in the 2017/18 season

We saw that it had a negative effect when it was tried previously
Would a triple header ticket work
So you can buy a perceived premium match Swindon ( shall we say) or Coventry plus the match on either side for say £58 rather than £63 in the Colin Farmer stand or are we just depriving ourselves of money
Or 3 Tuesday evening matches £58 or even a Tuesday evening season ticket, encouraging supporters to turn out on a wet and cold Tuesday rather than stay at home to watch BT matches

Probably too late for this season but it might be a marketing angle
MSB
I would hope that we don't return to the premium game tariff.

It's clear from our game at the end of the season, and looking around at other clubs in the Football League, that reduced ticket prices does have a positive effect on attendance. One of the biggest tasks for the new board should be finding the perfect balance of attendance and income.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good suggestion. A way of converting demand for the big games (Swindon, Coventry, FGR) into higher attendances in the uninteresting games against the likes of Accrington and Morecambe is needed.
bigdavejambo
also depends how well promoted and advertised it is.
paperboy
...I wonder how many people on a cold Tuesday January evening think--"I'll give it a miss-I can listen to the commentary on the radio" ?

...and how many people watch a Saturday midday match at home and then think .."I'll give The Robins a miss as it'll cost me 20 quid and I've just had my fix for the day"?

Just asking.