Next season.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
We musn`t get to obsessed with finishing ahead of f.g.r. in the same way W.B.A. or the like don`t worry about the Chelsea or Man.utd`s in their league.Just do what we do as best we can within our budget.
Nesty
I think if we finish ahead of FGR we will be safe (or in the play offs).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Goal 1: promotion.

Goal 2: finish ahead of FGR.
Robin
I could not care where FGR finish so long as it's below us, because that would embarassing. They have never been a rival to us but granted that could change if they get into league one before we do.
longmover
fgr have never been and will never be our rivals.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I could not care where FGR finish so long as it's below us, because that would embarassing. They have never been a rival to us but granted that could change if they get into league one before we do.
So you agree with both my goals then.
Robin
longmover wrote:fgr have never been and will never be our rivals.
Fully agree but it could change if they compete with us for a sustained period of time or somehow over take us as the top club in Gloucestershire but that still seems like fantasy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Fully agree but it could change if they compete with us for a sustained period of time or somehow over take us as the top club in Gloucestershire but that still seems like fantasy.
What is your indicator for them overtaking us?
Nham68
You guys are already setting yourselves up for a disappointing season ... mid table mediocrity at best - I'd be fine with stability after the last 2 seasons in EFL ..
Chris FGR
True, our main rivals are still Shortwood but imo it is good for football in the County to have 2 Glos clubs in the Football League.

I enjoyed our games last season, and whatever you think about our fanbase we did at least bring one of the biggest away followings of the season to WR 15/16. Obviously that wont be the case next year, but the 2 games should still attract decent gates and a fair bit of local publicity.

Doubt we'll finish above you, main objective has got to be survival, it's a big step up and I'd probably take 22nd right now tbh.
Si Robin
I look forward to the local games next year, I just pray to God we can move away from El Glosico.
horlickfanclub
I agree with that Si Robin. It was dreadfull.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I look forward to the local games next year, I just pray to God we can move away from El Glosico.
I think it is here to stay unfortunately.

Don't know what is wrong with 'Gloucestershire derby' to be honest.
cheltsaxon
not our rivals???? if a team twenty minutes away who we pipped to the post last season aren't rivals then who is?? I think the sttendances speak for themselves I personay hate FGR and definately see them as rivals!
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Si Robin wrote:I look forward to the local games next year, I just pray to God we can move away from El Glosico.
I think it is here to stay unfortunately.

Don't know what is wrong with 'Gloucestershire derby' to be honest.
According to an article I saw in the Echo a couple of days ago, El Glosico has become a fans favourite...!