Forest Green already in League 1 (according to the Echo)

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Leckyfan
Spotted some gems online a few minutes ago at:
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ne ... tion-61619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay, it's been updated (at 23:15) while I was drafting this post, but the version posted at 20:54 included these classic quotes:

"The club will play in League One next season"

"Ecotricity boss Vince, who bought Forest Green Rovers seven years ago said: “When I was being interviewed on Sunday the reporter said he’d normally ask: ”Are you ready for league One?” instead he asked: “Is league one ready for FGR?"

“I think we’ll have a good first season in League One and will be there or thereabouts for promotion – I’m aiming for League Two and then the Championship."

Only question remaining is whether the Echo quoted Vince talking total £$%^ (after too much carrot juice?), or whether the Echo failed to proof-read (as usual). Smart money is on the latter.
Coops
Leckyfan wrote:Spotted some gems online a few minutes ago at:
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ne ... tion-61619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay, it's been updated (at 23:15) while I was drafting this post, but the version posted at 20:54 included these classic quotes:

"The club will play in League One next season"

"Ecotricity boss Vince, who bought Forest Green Rovers seven years ago said: “When I was being interviewed on Sunday the reporter said he’d normally ask: ”Are you ready for league One?” instead he asked: “Is league one ready for FGR?"

“I think we’ll have a good first season in League One and will be there or thereabouts for promotion – I’m aiming for League Two and then the Championship."

Only question remaining is whether the Echo quoted Vince talking total £$%^ (after too much carrot juice?), or whether the Echo failed to proof-read (as usual). Smart money is on the latter.
Apparently the FGR manager is called Mark Copper and Dale Vince is using "clutches"
horlickfanclub
And if you read the Echo thse days.
And most sentences start with a new paragraph.
And .
With And.
And next week they will probly right about skools standuds.
darreno
I heard an interview with Dale Vince on Radio 4 this morning. He said he was looking to get FGR into league One at least, but had his sights set on the Championship. Came across as a decent sort of chap, it was first time I'd heard him speak. Can't argue against ambition.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
darreno wrote:I heard an interview with Dale Vince on Radio 4 this morning. He said he was looking to get FGR into league One at least, but had his sights set on the Championship. Came across as a decent sort of chap, it was first time I'd heard him speak. Can't argue against ambition.
Yes, a good interview. I have always thought he is alright and decent enough. Holds no airs or graces for spivs and suits who command positions of authority through old school ties rather than due to merit, and he respects people not positions, so I've always liked that about him.

That's why we switched to Ecotricity as soon as we could, to stop paying another penny to foreign-owned robber baron energy companies who extort us for warmth and fuel.

With the added bonus of being a Shire-based business. Seeing an Ecotricity car charging unit on the A1(M) in North Yorkshire is like seeing a Mira shower or a Bottlegreen elderflower drink on holiday. A piece of the Shire miles from home.
darreno
Yes, a good interview. I have always thought he is alright and decent enough. Holds no airs or graces for spivs and suits who command positions of authority through old school ties rather than due to merit, and he respects people not positions, so I've always liked that about him.

That's why we switched to Ecotricity as soon as we could, to stop paying another penny to foreign-owned robber baron energy companies who extort us for warmth and fuel.

With the added bonus of being a Shire-based business. Seeing an Ecotricity car charging unit on the A1(M) in North Yorkshire is like seeing a Mira shower or a Bottlegreen elderflower drink on holiday. A piece of the Shire miles from home.
Power to the people, RCS!!
everyman
darreno wrote:

Power to the people, RCS!!
I`m green but i`m not :mrgreen: