Billy Waters latest

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

London Exile
London Exile wrote:Disappointing that Waters has seemingly gone from being happy at Cheltenham to wanting a move away.
With Portsmouth and Plymouth moving up to L1, aside from Luton as former League Cup winner I don't see any move to another L2 club as branch no a step up aside from in terms of money.
That should read being. Damn auto correction
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:Not sure about that I'd imagine the New Lawn will be the smallest ground in league two but I suspect their gates will be comparable with Accrington and Morecambe i.e. around the 2000 mark due to higher number of away fans.
The very point there being the higher number of Away fans which will make TNL feel like an Away game for the FGR players, due to the expanded numbers from the Away support.

However, I accept that Accrington & Morecambe will probably not swell the numbers sufficiently to drown out the Home support and therefore those games will feel like Home games as it is conceivable the FGR fans will outnumber them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Not sure about that I'd imagine the New Lawn will be the smallest ground in league two
Close, but your imagination is not quite correct. A 30 second fact-check (something you should be capable of?) suggests it is the second smallest:

Crown Ground, Accrington: 5,057

The New Lawn, Nailsworth: 5,147
Artemis
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Robin wrote:Not sure about that I'd imagine the New Lawn will be the smallest ground in league two but I suspect their gates will be comparable with Accrington and Morecambe i.e. around the 2000 mark due to higher number of away fans.
The very point there being the higher number of Away fans which will make TNL feel like an Away game for the FGR players, due to the expanded numbers from the Away support.

However, I accept that Accrington & Morecambe will probably not swell the numbers sufficiently to drown out the Home support and therefore those games will feel like Home games as it is conceivable the FGR fans will outnumber them.
Assuming Vince lets them have enough tickets to meet demand for the likes of Coventry, Swindon, Luton and indeed ourseleves. There's enough space, but we all know the club doesnt need the money from increased away support and Vince doesnt like the home fans to be outnumbered for fear of being shown up to be the made up club it currently is.
Robin
Swindon could bring 3000+ there so it will be interesting how they play that. I can see us taking anywhere between 800 and 1500 depending upon how the team are performing too.
Shade
How many went in 2015?
Artemis
Officially, 800, unofficially, quite a few more than that....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Officially, 800, unofficially, quite a few more than that....
At least 1,400. Maybe closer to 2,000.

We'll take 2,000 this time round.