Over 700 sold

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
According to official site http://www.ctfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 25130.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Disappointing, we are probably going to record some of our lowest season ticket sales since we entered the league, hoping a late surge can provide some respectability but ultimately a poor season is root cause.
Artemis
And / or wages failing to keep up with inflation.....folks just have less disposable income than they did this time last year.

I expect to see an extension of the early bird offer just to try and tempt a few more into renewing / buying.
Rulistening
Already bought my season ticket but this isn't surprising. Poor season plus the season tickets are quite expensive compared to other teams in the league who its fair to say- have more ambitious plans than we do
Robin
Don't we have ambition to get back into league one and potentially the Championship according to Paul Bence?
Rulistening
Robin wrote:Don't we have ambition to get back into league one and potentially the Championship according to Paul Bence?
Is realistic ambitions more suitable then? League one is potential on a good season but must be having a laugh if championship without serious improvements around the club can occur.
Robin
Burton and Yeovil both made the Championship so proves it's possible but clearly a tough ask.
Hubert Parry
Made this point on another thread, but I think the inability to buy/renew online would have knocked a fair few off. I have yet to renew (I intend to), but I just haven't had the time yet to sort it because of the additional effort it requires.
Lord Elpuz
With 5 days to go, or the possibility of an extended early bird discount, now would be an ideal time for the Club to announce a marquee signing to get the punters licking their lips and rushing to renew.
Nesty
Lord Elpuz wrote:With 5 days to go, or the possibility of an extended early bird discount, now would be an ideal time for the Club to announce a marquee signing to get the punters licking their lips and rushing to renew.
Marquis would be a cracking signing
Robin
Agree, things have gone very quiet on the playing side, friendlies late to be announced and only two new signings, we need a big one soon to give everyone a lift.
paperboy
Hubert Parry wrote:Made this point on another thread, but I think the inability to buy/renew online would have knocked a fair few off. I have yet to renew (I intend to), but I just haven't had the time yet to sort it because of the additional effort it requires.
You're quite right Hubert- One can renew on a whim if it's available on line.
I am going to own up and admit that I haven't renewed and intend to see how things pan out and then maybe buy as they are available on a pro rata basis.
Lord Elpuz
Mr Johnson has just signed his 2 year contract, which is excellent news, and one would certainly describe that as a marquee signing.
Shade
I thought you could renew online? There were certainly instructions on the official website Season Ticket page.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Made this point on another thread, but I think the inability to buy/renew online would have knocked a fair few off. I have yet to renew (I intend to), but I just haven't had the time yet to sort it because of the additional effort it requires.
And in some cases, some may not be able to sort it before the early bird deadline. And some of them may not be able to afford the inflated price afterwards.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I thought you could renew online? There were certainly instructions on the official website Season Ticket page.
Usually you can and I have in previous years. There has been a 'technical issue' throughout May this year though.
Robin
Gary mentions he has agreed three signings and 1-2 more are close. Given we have announced only two players either it's a mistake or we will announce another at the start of next week.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There will be news early next week.
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:Gary mentions he has agreed three signings and 1-2 more are close. Given we have announced only two players either it's a mistake or we will announce another at the start of next week.
Our mole is no more
Be he just a mere freckle?
Darkening our door
But departed as the heckles
Grew louder
Now confined to history
Of simple dust or powder
Leckyfan
+1

Very annoying (for the individual) and potentially a revenue-loser for the club.

Just tried to renew online. The first thing you see when clicking through (from official website) to the Glitnir ticketing portal is:

ONLINE TICKETING SYSTEM FOR 2016-17 SEASON.
All priority club members should have their log in details.
If not, please contact club Ticket Office - 01242 588117.

CHOOSING YOUR MATCH
Match Tickets will be available in July.

To Purchase a new Season Ticket for 2016-17 please click here

To Renew your Season Ticket for 2016-17 please click here

Purchases are subject to £2 per order processing fee.

Even if they can't resolve the "technical issues" preventing online renewal of season tickets, they should insist that Glitnir get rid of the out-of-date information that is a hang-over from last year. It just looks so unprofessional, as well as confusing (at first I wondered if the online purchase renewal was working, maybe, and they just forgot to update the season description to "2017-2018" - but no!).

I want to renew; the club have already got all my details; so they should be making it as easy as possible. I don't see why I should go to the trouble of printing off a PDF form, filling it all in by hand, then making a special journey to the ticket office (where tickets will not even be available to collect at the same time!). How very last century...

I was hoping the new-look board would have prioritised (and fixed) this sort of issue by now.

Ah well, I'll try and find time to phone the box office tomorrow and see if they can sort me out that way.
Benctfc
Anyone know how many we sold last year in total? If we can sell around a thousand that would be a decent effort considering how poor last season was.
Robin
Was around 1200 plus junior robins I think.
theidlerich
.... just to point out that the newest premier league side season tickets are: ...quote.."There are so many families who already have bought season tickets for £179, £99 for kids, to watch Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and all the rest of them come down to our place [Huddersfield Town]...."
Ours are a little over the top for lg 2 surely?

...and I'm still undecided as the squad looks pretty thin so far .....:(
longmover
Do people really go to watch league two football to be entertained?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:.... just to point out that the newest premier league side season tickets are: ...quote.."There are so many families who already have bought season tickets for £179, £99 for kids, to watch Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and all the rest of them come down to our place [Huddersfield Town]...."

Ours are a little over the top for lg 2 surely?
Not just ours, but League 1 and 2 as a whole - we are a similar level to everyone else.

Huddersfield can afford to sell them that cheap - compared to TV money from the Premier League, ST sales are a small percentage of revenue, so cutting prices doesn't lose much money.

However, this money does not trickle down to L1 and L2 whilst the inflated player wages, costs, and expectations do - so ticket revenue is the only way for clubs to survive. With the wages and costs to be competitive constantly going up, but TV revenue not keeping pace, clubs in L1 and L2 will rely more and more on increasing ticket prices. This will drive down crowds and kill the game.

The rich and wealthy clubs with their monopoly and foreign investors and tourist fans continue to grow revenue at the expense of traditional lower league community clubs whose normal fans carry the burden (a reflection of our society and economy as a whole - worth remembering on June 8th).

The only option is a ticket price cap in L1 and L2 combined with an additional £1million pound given from the Premier League to L1 and L2 teams, with this £1million tracking the TV deals. I.e. if in two years the Premier League TV deal goes up 10%, then the amount given to each L1 and L2 goes up 10%.
Shade
The club have said sales are nearly at 1000 now.
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote:The club have said sales are nearly at 1000 now.
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/may/jos-bumber-weekend/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Indeed, 969 apparently.