Burgers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
..just occurred to me that I don't remember reading too much about the caterering last season-that means it couldn't have been too bad doesn't it??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I didn't attempt to purchase at half time so couldn't complain. I still know people who missed the start of the second half queuing for a bottle of cola, and that there was a failure to open both hatches in the Colin Farmer Stand most weeks.
Johnsons Red Army
Need to get a real bar in the CF stand too. Cans for £3.50 is a joke. I can buy the same can for just over £1 at the corner shop near me.
VOR
The queues are still ridiculous at half time. On a cold day, I used to persevere to get a cup of tea but have given up this season. Plus I don't want to naff everyone off around me when I come back to my seat well after the 2nd half has started. Also naffed off cos couldn't use the free drink ticket that comes with a ST in the CF stand this season. Cant comment on the food - just the smell puts me off! So no, nothing has improved since last season.
Red Duke
What is this obsession with something to eat and drink at half-time? Am I missing out on something? Can't people do without eating or drinking for just 90 minutes?
Ralph
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Need to get a real bar in the CF stand too. Cans for £3.50 is a joke. I can buy the same can for just over £1 at the corner shop near me.
is that a can of pop? If so, holy 5hit. What a ripoff
Ralph
Red Duke wrote:What is this obsession with something to eat and drink at half-time? Am I missing out on something? Can't people do without eating or drinking for just 90 minutes?
Never understood it either. Would always take a bottle and a snack with me
Johnsons Red Army
Ralph wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Need to get a real bar in the CF stand too. Cans for £3.50 is a joke. I can buy the same can for just over £1 at the corner shop near me.
No, sorry. That's for a can of Carsberg, Thatchers or John Smiths.
VOR
Ralph wrote:
Red Duke wrote:What is this obsession with something to eat and drink at half-time? Am I missing out on something? Can't people do without eating or drinking for just 90 minutes?
So you can't go 90mins without eating or drinking??
Si Robin
I don't see the issue with £3.50 for a can. You know where you stand with a can. A pump being used once a week/fortnight means the beer isn't going to be properly looked after. It also takes the guy long enough to pour a can, without waiting for them to use a tap and have to change a barrell at times.

Besides, it's only at half-time. If you want a drink before the game, go to Parklands. The queue is never so bad that you can't rock up at 2:55 and get in before kick-off.
Ralph
VOR wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Sure, but it's kinda like what you do at the game. Just take it in and avoid the kiosks
Ralph
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Ralph wrote:
No, sorry. That's for a can of Carsberg, Thatchers or John Smiths.
Ok thanks.. Pricey but not terrible i suppose
Scarface
just going to throw it out there...

your corner shop is open 7 days a week, most likely 12 hours a day.

a burger unit is open for 180 mins every other week.

How do you propose they can price match?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Note previous post said they get a cup of tea on a cold day - valid reason.

But you miss the point. If people are willing to spend money on food and drink it is daft of the club to turn away that money.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
VOR wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Personally I can't. Aside from when I am asleep I rarely go more than 30 mins without drinking. Always have bottle of tap water on the desk at work, and always take a sports bottle of water when out in the car or train.

I buy a drink before kick off and eke it out as much as I can during the game.

If you rather I didn't spend money at WR I will oblige. I assume you would also recommend I don't bother queueing up to buy a raffle ticket and programme?
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Personally I can't. Aside from when I am asleep I rarely go more than 30 mins without drinking. Always have bottle of tap water on the desk at work, and always take a sports bottle of water when out in the car or train.

I buy a drink before kick off and eke it out as much as I can during the game.

If you rather I didn't spend money at WR I will oblige. I assume you would also recommend I don't bother queueing up to buy a raffle ticket and programme?[/quote]

It is nothing to do with how and where you invest your money at WR. It was a comment about an obsession that I don't understand and I was hoping for a clarification.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My obsession is frustration at poor business operations. The club wants to grow attendances and revenue, and my obsession stems from seeing the club preventing people from spending money. If people want to buy refreshments that should be welcomed, not questioned and criticised.
Shade
I've only skimmed through the thread but, from memory, the club don't make anything off of the sales as it's franchised out - correct? I don't feel guilty about buying 2 bottles of coke zero for £2 from the co-op on my way to the ground. As for food, I usually eat at meal times, so that isn't a problem but, on the bank holiday when we kicked off at 1pm, home made sausage sandwiches were consumed. And they were bloody lovely.
Nesty
it must be quiet on the new signings front for the main thread to be about Burgers !!
paperboy
Nesty wrote:it must be quiet on the new signings front for the main thread to be about Burgers !!
...your so right, it was just something that crossed my mind in an idle moment.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time to end the franchise and bring in house. One for Mr Toms to campaign for.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I've only skimmed through the thread but, from memory, the club don't make anything off of the sales as it's franchised out - correct? I don't feel guilty about buying 2 bottles of coke zero for £2 from the co-op on my way to the ground. As for food, I usually eat at meal times, so that isn't a problem but, on the bank holiday when we kicked off at 1pm, home made sausage sandwiches were consumed. And they were bloody lovely.
Red sauce, brown sauce, or no sauce at all?
Shade
Red for me, I'm afraid.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Red for me, I'm afraid.
Good man. Don't understand people who take brown sauce.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:
Time to end the franchise and bring in house. One for Mr Toms to campaign for.
Well my offer to investigate it properly still stands. I love the club and giving the fans a good match day experience; giving the club some PR; and putting any profit into local good causes can't be bad.

Plus putting a decent bacon butty into people's hands and mouths would work :D
Only supporting you if you offer red sauce only.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Good man. Don't understand people who take brown sauce.
I put yellow sauce on one slice, white on the other. I always feel under-represented in that quiz...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Good man. Don't understand people who take brown sauce.
I put yellow sauce on one slice, white on the other. I always feel under-represented in that quiz...
Destroying British culture with your multi-coloured ways. #VoteRed to preserve our heritage.
Shade
asl wrote:
You sound like some fancy European type. Go and smoke the reefer with your Dutch friends ;)
Shade
Is it only 6th June? It's gonna be a long summer...
horlickfanclub
In response to Forest Green Rovers "Cheltenham eat houmas" Tshirt now being sold I am offering to supply free Humble Pie for all Rovers fans to eat at our game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:In response to Forest Green Rovers "Cheltenham eat houmas" Tshirt now being sold I am offering to supply free Humble Pie for all Rovers fans to eat at our game.
I'm actually looking forward to the food at TNL. Rarely get a chance to sample nice vegan fayre and football at the same event.
Shade
horlickfanclub wrote: "Cheltenham eat houmas" Tshirt
I don't get it. Also, over my dead body.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote: "Cheltenham eat houmas" Tshirt
I don't get it. Also, over my dead body.
It is taken from the infamous Bob Hunt line on Radio Glos when FGR won at Wembley:

"Cheltenham, Swindon, Newport – You’re going to eat hummus at the New Lawn next season as Forest Green Rovers have been promoted to the Football League.”

Got some national coverage. I had a few friends send me a screenshot of the BBC football live text which quoted it, plus they played it in the sports news on Today on Radio 4 in the week after the game.
Shade
Ah yes, I did hear it. And immediately forgot it.