EFL cup draw

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
....I have decided not to attend the EFL cup draw on Friday.

Maybe someone else has mentioned it but it's taking place in Thailand (1 pm) as that's where the new sponsors, Caracao (energy drinks firm) are based..
solihullkev
In around March I heard an interview from a senior guy from checkatrade, the previous sponsors, the gist of which was all the uproar and complaints about the competition meant it got far more press coverage than they anticipated, and accordingly much more brand exposure than they thought
Si Robin
EFL Cup is the old League Cup (Milk, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling and Capital One), Checkatrade are the EFL Trophy (Auto Windscreens, LDV Vans, Johnstones Paint) sponsors and still do as far as I'm aware.
solihullkev
Apologies, my mistake
paperboy
Well we're in the South group which looks as if the furthest North we can go is Wolves maybe.
...but obviously we'll get Southend away. :-)

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... ers-107440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
paperboy wrote: Maybe someone else has mentioned it but it's taking place in Thailand (1 pm)...
...and not a single f#!$ was given.

(about the draw, not your post!)

I guess the fixtures might filter over to England sometime in the coming weeks, at which point some us will shrug. Others will stare blankly.
Robin
Please not Southend away, it's a horrible trip mid-week. Wolves would be great can we also get Birmingham, Cardiff or Bristol City they would be good.
Artemis
Or we could have had Villa, but instead got

Oxford, away....jeez.....
Artemis

Or is it Charlton, who also appear to be playing Exeter?
paperboy
Artemis wrote:Or we could have had Villa, but instead got

Oxford, away....jeez.....
.....perhaps not.

seems there was a c**k up and it could be Charlton Athletic away
The Old TomCat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40028394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Draw shambles

Posted at
13:15

We will just need confirmation of that Oxford United versus Cheltenham tie as Charlton Athletic appeared twice on the graphic on the live Facebook draw page.

Oxford was announced, but the graphic said Charlton Athletic.

A bit of a farce in Thailand.

This is the graphic, we think the second time Charlton Athletic appear should actually be Oxford United.

Just to add insult to injury, this graphic also has AFC Wimbledon v Swindon Town, which actually is not possible as both teams are unseeded.

Just to clarify, AFC Wimbledon will play Brentford and Norwich City play Swindon Town. The top seven ties on this graphic are correct, the next two are wrong.
Artemis
Oxford it is. Looking at the southern seeded teams, apart from Southend away, could it have been any worse?
Fuller
Artemis wrote:Oxford it is. Looking at the southern seeded teams, apart from Southend away, could it have been any worse?
I second that.

Shame we could not have had Villa away, or the Blues, or Bristol City in the third Johnson Cup, even Charlton away would have been a first .. damn it, don't like three sided football grounds.

And the travellers will have to negotiate the Oxford evening traffic ... too bad.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Franchise derby for you OTC.
Robin
Pretty terrible draw, away to a horrible ground where we will likely get knocked out. At least it's only an hour away can't say I'm excited by it though.
Lord Elpuz
Fuller wrote:
And the travellers will have to negotiate the Oxford evening traffic ... too bad.
One really must applaud the sympathy for minority groups looking for somewhere to stay.

And one can appreciably understand why the Kassam would be an attractive proposition being a three sided stadium, as access to the grass is much less restrictive particularly if horses need somewhere to graze.

Bravo Oxford United Football Club. It should make for an interesting game with a few caravans lined up in the defensive wall.
Shade
We're going there to park the caravan, then?