iFollow replacing Robins Player?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
I was having a look around the new site (sooooo much better and more professional than before, apart from the lack of an online shop - the link does nothing) and the fixture list and saw the iFollow link next to the games. I assume this is replacing Robins Player and mentions full match replays...

I seem to remember somebody saying a while ago about EFL matches being live abroad from this season so I assume this is the UK version of that. Anyway, looks interesting. Thoughts?

https://www.ctfc.com/ifollow/subscribe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
As existing customer of Robins Player, I have tried to log on but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't recognise my password, asked for a reset - but I have been waiting 15 minutes and still nothing....
Shade
Are you still paying for Robins Player? No notification of the service ending, I assume?

If I was you I'd just cancel the Robins Player and sign up for iFollow. It promises to be a much better service.
Red Duke
I shouldn't need to initially. I had a e-mail that states

"For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now."

Has it actually been launched?

Has anybody else tried to log on?
Shade
I've signed up to the freebie and it seems to be working. From reading what you've been sent, I would assume that it means you now need to set up a new iFollow account as it's replaced Robins Player. It doesn't specifically say you can use the same login details, just that you can access iFollow when it goes live, so I would take it for granted that it won't.

I'm guessing that this is run by a different company so they won't have your originally login information.
kora
Just tried to create an account but it doesn't like my mobile number, how can a number I've had for 8 years be invalid.
Shade
Oh, that's optional so I didn't put one in. But try 44 instead of 0?
dedwardp
Shade wrote:I seem to remember somebody saying a while ago about EFL matches being live abroad from this season so I assume this is the UK version of that.
Yes, iFollow is replacing the Player platform across the new Football League websites. Overseas based subscribers can pay £110 for the season I think it is to stream matches live, UK based subscribers pay £45 and can continue to listen to the online commentaries of games as per the previous Player platform.
Ralph
Red Duke wrote:As existing customer of Robins Player, I have tried to log on but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't recognise my password, asked for a reset - but I have been waiting 15 minutes and still nothing....
It's a new product. Your login's won't work.
Red Duke
Ralph wrote:
Red Duke wrote:As existing customer of Robins Player, I have tried to log on but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't recognise my password, asked for a reset - but I have been waiting 15 minutes and still nothing....
It's a new product. Your login's won't work.
If my Login doesn't work how are they going to be able to support their claim

"You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches."
Shade
Because you can.

You just make a new account. They're saying that there will be a new service replacing theirs.
Red Duke
I have been in touch with them and they sent me an e-mail to change my password. I can now log on but I am not happy that they claim my subscription runs out on 4th August except it is through to the end of October. Something else to sort out.