West Ham

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Could be source of next loan signing: http://bit.ly/WestHamLoan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Sounds promising Jon, I'm assuming Dawson will be first choice right wing back so this lad will only play if we go 4-4-2, impressed with the pedigree though.
Nesty
says in todays Echo that the lad was released by the Hammers at the end of the season, so would be a permanent signing for us
paperboy
.... didn't we sign a young full back from West Ham twenty years ago called Jamie Victory? :-)
Nesty
and then ............... Grant McCann.................
Robin
So if I read this right this lad plus two permanent signings, three loans which are agreed and a keeper (likely Flatt) will complete our squad.

From the three loans and two permanents we need a experienced target man, competition for Holman, centre half and I assume a winger.
Another_FoD_Robin
paperboy wrote:.... didn't we sign a young full back from West Ham twenty years ago called Jamie Victory? :-)
If I remember rightly didn't JV come from Bournemouth? However he is a product of West Ham's youth academy yes.
horlickfanclub
While we are filling in the summer with drivel, Martin Allen played for West Ham.
Nesty
all additional signings we make now need to be first team material for us to avoid another struggle
Nesty
Robin wrote:So if I read this right this lad plus two permanent signings, three loans which are agreed and a keeper (likely Flatt) will complete our squad.

From the three loans and two permanents we need a experienced target man, competition for Holman, centre half and I assume a winger.
GJ no longer interested in Newton
Robin
Nesty wrote:all additional signings we make now need to be first team material for us to avoid another struggle
I'm not sure they all will be Nesty, you would hope the keeper and the target man will be but I suspect some of the others will be cover/competition. For example one striker will likely be cover/competition for Holman.
Nesty
I would rather they be competition than cover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I agree with Nesty. Signings need to improve last seasons' team. A
kags
Basically got 15 goals to replace, either spread that across the team or a decent striker. Wouldn't rely on Holman based on last season, fitness and form to get more than 10.
Robin
To be honest I'm expecting two first choice strikers to come in, it's the area we probably struggled most last season.
theidlerich
"No news is good news" as the saying goes; however I'm feeling more and more less confident of signing the striker quality we need to [a] survive and to have an outside chance of 'play-offs'. It's seems remarkably quiet on the player front apart from the usual mundane quotes from players on the fixtures! Have I acquired my season ticket[s] on false pretences I wonder!
Robin
The players return for pre-season this week so I expect news to arrive shortly. Rumours suggest a keeper is close, the Echo are reporting we are chasing a right back from West Ham and we have three long term loans agreed according to GJ that's five players right there. I assume one of the loans will be a striker and we will sign a marquee striker as a permanent too, then we have space for a trialist or two.

If I am right that gives us a squad of 22-23 players, of which three are youngsters and may go out on loan and a core of twenty who are likely to feature on a regular basis.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:"No news is good news" as the saying goes; however I'm feeling more and more less confident of signing the striker quality we need to [a] survive and to have an outside chance of 'play-offs'. It's seems remarkably quiet on the player front apart from the usual mundane quotes from players on the fixtures! Have I acquired my season ticket[s] on false pretences I wonder!

Saw Gary chatting to some tattooed young men in Starbucks, so expect news early next week.