Jordon Forster

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
Seen on Twitter last night that we've been linked to this guy from Hibernian.

Looking him up, he appears to be a centre-back and played 12 games in the second half of the 15/16 season at Plymouth, but can't say I know anything at all about him.
I-Love-CTFC
Can't say i've heard much about him. He made 16 appearances for Hibs last season. They seem well stocked in the centre back department so there could be some truth behind this.
everyman
Si Robin wrote:Seen on Twitter last night that we've been linked to this guy from Hibernian.

Looking him up, he appears to be a centre-back and played 12 games in the second half of the 15/16 season at Plymouth, but can't say I know anything at all about him.
Come on Green Gordon,tell us all about this Hibee !
Robin
Interesting if this is true, all the hallmarks of the Will Boyle signing. Looking at stats he's a right sided centre half and good in the air which is what we know GJ wants to add to the squad so it fits.

By the way when was the last time we signed a player from a non-English (league) club?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Interesting if this is true, all the hallmarks of the Will Boyle signing. Looking at stats he's a right sided centre half and good in the air which is what we know GJ wants to add to the squad so it fits.

By the way when was the last time we signed a player from a non-English (league) club?
Liam Davis was playing in Sweden before we signed him, though think he was a free agent rather than being poached from that league.

The Hibs lad would be a good move.
Robin
Yeah we've had several who were playing abroad and free agents but an actual transfer I can't recall.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
16 games for Hibs last season - jury will be out on whether he is up to a L2 season.
Robin
Similar experience also to Boyle who was playing in SPL last year before we signed him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Similar experience also to Boyle who was playing in SPL last year before we signed him.
True. Provides some confidence that SPL players can cut it in L2.
PilgrimInPeace
Was reasonably solid for us. Think Adams wanted to sign him a year ago, but Hibs wanted to keep him at that point. Can play CB or RB
Jon Palmer
Deal ON: http://bit.ly/DefenderOnWay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
so we still need 2 strikers, winger(s) and full back(s) ??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jon Palmer wrote:Deal ON: http://bit.ly/DefenderOnWay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When is the Q&A JP?

Don't let us down on this one.
Robin
Thanks Pilgrim, he sounds like what we need i.e. some more power and height at the back and could fit well alongside Grimes and Boyle I a back three. With a new target man and hopefully a right wing back our first eleven looks fairly decent for this level now.
Robin
Nesty wrote:so we still need 2 strikers, winger(s) and full back(s) ??
We need at least two strikers and potentially another creative central midfielder. These are a given.

We have the lad from West Ham in next week and presumably he will compete with Dawson for the right wing back role whilst allowing us to play 4-4-2. O'Shockers can cover Grimes and Cranston on the left of defence too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Nesty wrote:so we still need 2 strikers, winger(s) and full back(s) ??
We need at least two strikers and potentially another creative central midfielder. These are a given.

We have the lad from West Ham in next week and presumably he will compete with Dawson for the right wing back role whilst allowing us to play 4-4-2. O'Shockers can cover Grimes and Cranston on the left of defence too.
Plus Garita on his way.
Robin
I Assume the current team lines up likes this:
Flatt (GK)
Dawson (RWB)
Forster (CB)
Boyle (CB)
Grimes (CB)
Cranston (LWB)
Pell (CM)
Winchester (CM)
Atangana (CM)
Holman (SC)
Wright (SC)

Subs:
Lovett (GK)
Shoggers (CB/LB)
Downes (CB)
Storer (CM)
Thomas (CM)
Page (LW)

Bower missing out as we are well stocked at centre back. As I say two forwards is a given, I worry about creativity if Winchester gets injured too so that would be the third signing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I Assume the current team lines up likes this:
Flatt (GK)
Dawson (RWB)
Forster (CB)
Boyle (CB)
Grimes (CB)
Cranston (LWB)
Pell (CM)
Winchester (CM)
Atangana (CM)
Holman (SC)
Wright (SC)

Subs:
Lovett (GK)
Shoggers (CB/LB)
Downes (CB)
Storer (CM)
Thomas (CM)
Page (LW)

Bower missing out as we are well stocked at centre back. As I say two forwards is a given, I worry about creativity if Winchester gets injured too so that would be the third signing.
I'd start Garita ahead of Wright.
Robin
I know you are more than likely trolling but do people have something concrete to suggest we are signing Garita other than he's local, available and likely to be cheap?
Malabus
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/s ... -1-4491607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I eagerly await RNF posters confusing the spelling of Jordon and Jordan when talking about those two players.
Nham68
Why on earth would your start with Storer on the bench ?
I-Love-CTFC
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I eagerly await RNF posters confusing the spelling of Jordon and Jordan when talking about those two players.
And calling him Foster instead of Forster.
Robin
Nham68 wrote:Why on earth would your start with Storer on the bench ?
I think it's either him or Atangana in the centre with Pell and Winchester.
Nham68
Overall, I'm highly concerned about where goals will come from. DW might get to double figures, but last season showed L2 is a stretch.
Hollman - who knows, totally untried at this level and a risk as to whether he can recapture his form.
Billy gone.

Where will goals come from ?

Can see already we will struggle. Team will,have my 100% support.. just have to say I'm nervous,,, let's hope the 2-3 signings to come give us strong attacking options...
Robin
Our team looks better equipped at this point in time than it did last summer (with hindsight), at the moment I would see us mid-table but probably bottom half (13th-16th). Our defence and midfield looks pretty solid on the face of it, keeper I'm not yet convinced and we definitely need more quality in the final third but it will surely be an improvement upon last season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nham68 wrote:Overall, I'm highly concerned about where goals will come from. DW might get to double figures, but last season showed L2 is a stretch.
Hollman - who knows, totally untried at this level and a risk as to whether he can recapture his form.
Billy gone.

Where will goals come from ?

Can see already we will struggle. Team will,have my 100% support.. just have to say I'm nervous,,, let's hope the 2-3 signings to come give us strong attacking options...
New strikers will be signed. Garita etc.
I-Love-CTFC
At the moment i'd definitely see us as bottom half unless we can bring in a few decent strikers. I'm also worried about where the goals are going to come from. Looking at some of the squads so far i'd say only Morecambe, Newport, Crawley, Yeovil have a weaker squad.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Luckily it is the squad which starts the season which matters, not the squad at the start of July. Enjoy the summer and see what Gary signs. Panicking at this stage gets us nowhere.
Robin
I would add Carlisle (who have been ripped apart), Barnet and Forest Green to your list of weaker squads. One of the relegated teams will also struggle as they always do (probably Swindon who seem to be a mess).

Our first eleven looks solid for this level but we need to add 2-3 quality players who can add something in the final third with a strong target man high on the list if we are going to compete for the play offs.
CTFC03
FGR will make some more good signings, they have signed Scott Laird who is a quality LB and would be an asset for any team in this division.
little mo
CTFC03 wrote:FGR will make some more good signings, they have signed Scott Laird who is a quality LB and would be an asset for any team in this division.
FGR have even more money to burn now. Just sold Ethan Pinnock to Barnsley for in excess of £1m.
Robin
In excess of £1million for an unproven league two player???

As for Forest Green I agree they will make more signings but as will we and at this present time their squad looks weaker than ours in my opinion.
little mo
Robin wrote:In excess of £1million for an unproven league two player???

As for Forest Green I agree they will make more signings but as will we and at this present time their squad looks weaker than ours in my opinion.
Why the question marks Robin? The fee i have mentioned is correct.
Robin
Genuine surprise Mo, no doubting your integrity but it seems absurd for a league two player. I probably should have used exclamation marks though.